• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of haircut is this? (+ need Hairspray/Gel reccommendation)

rando1525

Reaction score
Here is haircut I want...

pic1:

pic2:

(do you like?)

About my hair- I often get a cesar cut, finger tip length on top, #2 on sides, and let my hair grow out for about 3 months, before getting the next cut. I think my haircut looks terrible for first 5 or 6 days until I can start to mess with it a little on my own. Also, since I get it done at cheap $15/cut shops, they often do a shoddy job. So...

Questions-
1.) What is your best guess at what this hairstyle is called? (as mentioned I currently get a cesar haircut (finger length on top), and this seems slightly different),

2.) What are some gels/hairspray you reccommend to maintain this? (currently use "axe whatever paste", is hairspray better? brands?)

Thanks in advance!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rando1525
Here is haircut I want... Questions- 1.) What is your best guess at what this hairstyle is called? (as mentioned I currently get a cesar haircut (finger length on top), and this seems slightly different), 2.) What are some gels/hairspray you reccommend to maintain this? (currently use "axe whatever paste", is hairspray better? brands?) Thanks in advance!
1) I don't get it. You have no way of bringing that picture to the stylist and showing them precisely what you'd like? 2) Your hair stylist will be able to tell you specifically which products to use for that look Go to a real salon for this cut.

airblaster503

Reaction score
honestly for this basic cut he could go to supercuts and be just as satisfied. We need a haircut thread to get rid of all these fools asking how to get the easiest stuff.

rando1525

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
honestly for this basic cut he could go to supercuts and be just as satisfied. We need a haircut thread to get rid of all these fools asking how to get the easiest stuff.
okay sweet. then why dont you tell me what the haircut is called if I am such a clueless idiot?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay sweet. then why dont you tell me what the haircut is called if I am such a clueless idiot?

You've posted here before...hmm

BTW, the cut is called the Dikinme. Tell the stylist you want a Dikinme.

rando1525

Reaction score
this is a pretty sweet forum. Sorry it's such a basic question that 4 losers had to go out of their way to post worthless replies in regards to said question.

M.D.

Reaction score
Seriously? Can't you react like a normal human being?
The answer was in the first reply: take the picture with you when you get your hair cut. Wouldn't you think that a picture is way more helpful than the name of a certain haircut??

rando1525

Reaction score
Originally Posted by M.D.
Seriously? Can't you react like a normal human being? The answer was in the first reply: take the picture with you when you get your hair cut. Wouldn't you think that a picture is way more helpful than the name of a certain haircut??
I am acting like a normal human being. I just felt like the responses (besides first one) were not helpful at all. I lashed out a bit, however, in my experience, internet forums consist of rude idiots. In hindsight, maybe I am a bit to sensitive when it comes to the internetz. If you search haircut forum on google, this is the first result. I figured there might be a name of this cut (or is there no name?), as it is a little weird to take a picture into a stylists. Which I guess I will just end up doing anyway. With that said, my expectations were a bit to high. Thanks for the responses and I don't really wish to discuss this further as no one wins in an internet battle. Good day.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured there might be a name of this cut (or is there no name?), as it is a little weird to take a picture into a stylists.

The first time is going to be weird. The stylist will probably laugh and pass the pics around the salon. You'll probably hear the whole place erupt with laughter. That's just how it goes.

rando1525

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
The first time is going to be weird. The stylist will probably laugh and pass the pics around the salon. You'll probably hear the whole place erupt with laughter. That's just how it goes.
This joke was actually clever and you redeemed yourself. Well done.

Adam_Lee

Reaction score
Not really sure this haircut has an official name. It's just "generic white guy cut" that's been ultra-popular since Friends in the 90's. Go to virtually any barber or salon, get a standard conservative men's cut and mess it up and pull pieces with gel or wax.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
It's called "The Joey" (as in Joey from Friends)
joey-721633.jpg

Dave-itt

Reaction score
It's choppy and may have been feathered with a razor. I second (or fortieth) the advice that you should bring the pic to a barber/stylist - pretty standard cut. As for product, i'd suggest American Crew Fiber - it can maintain the stiff look you need for the choppy look, with a pretty natural, matte finish. Only a wee spot is needed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads