• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of creatine?

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm going on creatine again I'm just unsure what kind. I stopped eating meat/fish but still eat dairy. So according to people who say certain meats have creatine, I'm lacking I suppose. I consume 3 protein shakes a day. I'm about 193 lbs and 6 ft tall. I'm trying to settle for about 200 lbs. I play competitive b-ball along plyometrics/drills and I'm the gym at 4 days a weeks. Price isn't really issue when it comes to something I'm putting in my body. I'm working on my vertical/explosiveness too. I've researched the site and saw these options:

redgrail
N.O.-XPlode (Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate + NO boost)

Stylin-1
EAS Phosphagen,

Maharaja
kre-alkalyn

drizzt3117
Creatine Gluconate

Any others and why?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've actually switched to Universal Nutrition storm, which seems to be working pretty well. SizeOn (CG) was ok, but I didn't like the taste and it had a lot of calories.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only take it after workouts or do you take it on off days, too?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever is cheapest. All the bells and whistles is usually marketing. Some don't dissolve as well and that can be an issue, but creatine is basically creatine.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
only take it after workouts or do you take it on off days, too?

I take it on off days in the mornings and before and after workouts. I lift six days a week so I don't have particularly many off-days. As far as creatines go, there is a pretty big difference in terms of bioavailability between individuals and some people can have good results with some creatines and not with others, while others have good results with almost all formulations. I would try some to see how it works. Storm is a pretty inexpensive but high quality creatine. If you don't like mixing it, Kre-Alkalyn may be your only option, I have no experience with its effectiveness, however.

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
Whatever is cheapest. All the bells and whistles is usually marketing. Some don't dissolve as well and that can be an issue, but creatine is basically creatine.

What do you use?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland

Kinda true... A little bit ago someone was talking about getting Body Fortress creatine cheap but noting the 33g of sugar - which is likely there to mask taste. In most good quality brands that sugar won't be there.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
redgrail

This is what I use.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price isn't really issue when it comes to something I'm putting in my body. I'm working on my vertical/explosiveness too. I've researched the site and saw these options:

redgrail

If price isn't an issue, I don't see why you wouldn't go with NO-Xplode. It's won awards three years running both as best NO booster product and best muscle builder. Even Ronnie Coleman uses it to get disgustingly large. It's fairly well established as the premium product of choice in its category. If all you're looking for is creatine, though, I would just go for micronized creatine monohydrate. Probably more bang for your buck.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On workout days I take Animal Pump, on off days, cheap Creatine Mono.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
If price isn't an issue, I don't see why you wouldn't go with NO-Xplode. It's won awards three years running both as best NO booster product and best muscle builder. Even Ronnie Coleman uses it to get disgustingly large. It's fairly well established as the premium product of choice in its category. If all you're looking for is creatine, though, I would just go for micronized creatine monohydrate. Probably more bang for your buck.

NOX isn't bad, I used to use it. I simply didn't think it worked for well as me as other creatines. I've had similar results with almost all CEE products though. Superpump 250, which is the analogous product from Gaspari has worked better for me.

To be honest, in much of the bodybuilding community, BSN has the reputation that True Religion has here.

Beta

Reaction score
I use Creatine Ethyl Ester, preferrebly in capsule form due to is "sour" taste. You can use less and most people respond better to it.

Axis labs makes some that is relatively inexpensive...i generally prefer to shop at 1fast400.com

If you opt for just regular micronized creatine, get some that is marked "creapure" which is german, rather than chinese creatine. Prolab is one that i know that uses creapure off- hand.
Mix with grape juice, repeat.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you use?

When I use it, I buy GNC Creatine... Monohydrate?, I believe. El Cheapo generic version. Most of the expensive stuff is the cheapo stuff with basically kool-aid added to it to flavor it. I just mix mine with juice (grape) although I know a guy who dissolves it in his hot green tea each morning.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beta
I use Creatine Ethyl Ester, preferrebly in capsule form due to is "sour" taste. You can use less and most people respond better to it.

Axis labs makes some that is relatively inexpensive...i generally prefer to shop at 1fast400.com

If you opt for just regular micronized creatine, get some that is marked "creapure" which is german, rather than chinese creatine. Prolab is one that i know that uses creapure off- hand.
Mix with grape juice, repeat.

YMMV, but you might want to take a look at some of the clinical trials involving CEE bioavailability.

CMH should work for most people, it's been validated through innumerable clinical trials to increase bioavailable CP, but it does have the drawback of requiring load vs maintainance dosing and most people experience water retention. I won't use a product without at least 5g/dose of CMH anymore, though. Storm uses Magnesium Creatine Chelate, which is supposedly more bioavailable than CEE/CMH but I'm not really sure about that. I do know, though, that the 10g/day of CMH that Storm delivers will definitely yield results. The 10g/day of MCC and another form of creatine is just gravy, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads