• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of crap do you wear?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Speaking of Nautica confessions, my trench coat is a Nautica I bought a few years ago. It's actually not so bad. My rain shell is from GAP on clearance. Considering how rarely either one is worn I'm in no hurry to upgrade.

I have several GAP polos purchased on clearance a few years ago, but they've held up well and have no logo. Right now I'm wearing a pair of old clearance GAP khakis. I have various beater khakis--including a couple of pairs of Dockers--I've picked up thrifting. I also have a couple of pairs of Hilfiger pants (one pair of khakis and one pair of cords, the cords are pretty nice, actually). I recently picked up some NWT plain front BR moleskins at thrift. I have a Lauren navy blazer that I still wear from time to time. Also a pair of Sperry penny loafers that get a fair amount of use.

I feel better getting all this off my chest.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
There's Old Navy hoodies, sweaters, field jackets and jeans which are great around the neighbor. Of course, you can't beat Doc Martens and Ugg boots. Then there's "Bullskin" cowboy boots. Vintage store cashmere sweaters are a necessity in the cold months. Walmart jeans are for walking the dog.
http://whatareyouwearingtoday.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I bust out my Doc Marten boots in the winter time. Also, I almost exclusively wear Old Navy jeans, with a few pairs of Guess thrown in here and there. Can't beat a decent pair of jeans for $29.99.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I also have some Doc Martens, though I want to get rid of them. (Any takers?) I have a few Express shirts that are okay for casual wear, but I wouldn't wear them with a suit since the colours aren't very suitable. All my jeans are also Express, because I can get them on sale for $20-30 and they actually fit and flatter my physique (ahem).

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Wearing Paul Fredrick linen shirt right now...
Have a lot of crappy regular line Levis I wear fairly often as beater jeans, most for free from relatives who worked for at their SF HQ.
Ditto regarding BR, same excuse, except I rather like BR khakis.
In my biz caz days, I wore the occasional pair of Dockers, albeit models without that damn logo. At my current office, along with the Chester Barrie and Baron Le Chat Mort, I still rotate in my beaten old Brooks Brothers and rather naff USA-licensed Aquascrotum (the latter acquired for $100 at Marshall's).
My standard wool topcoat is a USA-made licensed Christian Dior charcoal wool coat from the late and sadly unlamented NBO; some may say that's crappy but it's just shy of 15 years old and doing well. It and my lost Hermes gloves were the two garments that propelled me down this ruinous path.

The saleslady assured you they were kid.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of Gap khaki's that are about 10 years old and get worn at least once a week to work if not twice. My daily shirts are the Banana Republic two button collar shirts ( I have about 10 of those). When I am wearing my Gap khakis and a BR shirt or a BR polo, I usually throw on my rubber and leather soled Ralph Lauren pleather made in China wingtips
crazy.gif
I also love Gap cargo shorts for the weekends with Gap thong sandals. I shall go do my penance now.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have three pairs of Lands End jeans that I really should burn.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Three linen Old Navy shirts

I have two of these, along with some tattersalls I found there last fall. Sometimes their $25-$30 shirts aren't bad for casual wear, especially when the price drops to $5 or so. I also have some Hilfiger white cotton/linen trousers I found for $7, along with some cheap white shirts I like to keep around as beaters.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
almost all my cold weather clothing is crap i've received for christmas.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I shop almost everywhere, so I have crappy clothes from all kinds of places, from Dollar General to Plato's Closet to the "Mart" stores to JCPenney and Sears.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I have a couple pique polo shirts, and a pair of khakis, which I purchased at Target.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-iron shirts for everyday wear (mostly from Lands' End and JC Penney), since I can't afford to send my shirts to the laundry and I consider ironing a waste of time. Since they don't fit quite right, I'm trying MTM from both Individualized Shirts and Brooks Brothers, but I'm sticking with non-iron for everyday wear. I _am_ buying some non non-iron shirts with french cuffs for occasions requiring a dressier look.

Half of my current wardrobe seems to be from Lands' End, especially cotton trousers (and polo shirts). Since I can't replace 11 pairs of trousers overnight, they're being replaced slowly and I'm upgrading to lightweight wool for Fall and Winter.

I own a navy blazer from JC Penney that used to get a lot of wear until the dye started to come out and stain the armpits of my shirts. I have a MTM replacement on order.

I have several pairs of rubber-soled Rockport and Nunn-Bush shoes from my pre-forum days that still see wear on rainy days.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Non-iron shirts for everyday wear (mostly from Lands' End and JC Penney), since I can't afford to send my shirts to the laundry and I consider ironing a waste of time.
i love non iron dress shirts, especially if one can find one that has a great fit and good quality.

just wash em and hang em up and they are ready to wear next day!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i love non iron dress shirts, especially if one can find one that has a great fit and good quality.

just wash em and hang em up and they are ready to wear next day!

Do they offer that non-iron material for their MTM program? That's would be good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads