• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Kind Of COLORS Look Good On You?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of threads, but I never seen this one.
eh.gif
Please don't say "neutral' colors like black, white, grey, and navy.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I always thought I looked good with an asian girl.

Jay687

Reaction score
What the season person said...

http://www.prettyyourworld.com/index.html

I found that once when hearing about it. I think I'm soft autumn or soft summer...

Though, I also happened to wear colors that matched my "season" anyway, somewhat. I tend to always wear muted colors... since anything bright/rich/bold is too much. I also hate black and white, both too extreme.

So, green, blue, and grey... sometimes red. As I said, I choose the muted/soft colors. It's one thing I like about what JCrew always has... they have that faded look on everything and it works out well for me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
crosscolors

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm olive skinned so all colours but white, and light hue's of blue.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Mostly rich colours: dark purples, reds, greens, silver, navy. Light colors (e.g. light blue, white) look bad. Yellow and brown look universally terrible.
basically this, although I can do pastels (light purple and pink) and look okay in bright white and light blue. I look diseased in pale beige, yellow, and any orangy red. Color theory is best for helping to find "avoid" colors--ones that pick up undertones in your skin that make you look jaundiced or ashen. Virtually everyone has "avoid" colors (I know mine), even very dark skinned people, who generally do not look good in brown in my opinion.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ pretty good advice. I don't go near yellow or pale greens. Pink as well, I guess. I think rich colors look nice on fair skinned people, a la uncontrol's choices.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
OP what about you, what colors do you look good in TYCOON?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never got this ****, I look ******* awesome in every color of the ******* rainbow. Are people really afraid to wear certain colors? This is like some corny-ass populist fashion myth like it not being okay to wear white after Labour Day...total bullshit. Seriously dudes, you will not suddenly look like you have jaundice after slipping on a mustard colored shirt. Really.

Although it's hard to imagine wearing something hot pink as I find it kind of offensive, it's not because it'd make my skin look weird. Though there are always exceptions...but I really like most colors and I own and wear all kinds of shades of yellow[have a highlighter yellow CM rainjacket that always get hilarious reactions, people here really liked it when I posted ages ago] orange, red, pink, green, brown, beige, off-white etc....also love rocking purple, people also seem to be afraid of that one.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* baller as **** in everything with my lightly tanned Asian skin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads