• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Kind Of COLORS Look Good On You?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Seriously dudes, you will not suddenly look like you have jaundice after slipping on a mustard colored shirt. Really.

I should WAYWT a mustard colored shirt one day; you will revise your opinion.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think earthy greens (not Kelly) look very good on blondes and people with fair skin. Deep pinks also look good on fair skinned folk. But pale pink washes you out. Watermelon is one of my favorite summer colors for shirts.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
OP what about you, what colors do you look good in TYCOON?
TYCOON doesn't like ORANGE! TYCOON likes rich colors and pastels!

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Hair: Medium brown
Eyes: Light Blue
Skin: Pale, slightly pinkish

I don't think that anyone has really got this colour thing down yet for fashion, although I have noticed personally some things work better on me than others. I've got blue eyes and blue is a very easy colour for me to wear. Same with brown because of my brown hair. I can get away with lots of different muted colours like maroons, crimsons, etc. but I'm selling all of my darker purple stuff after learning through trial by error that it just doesn't look good next to my pale skin. Too overpowering.

.Impulsv

Reaction score
People with blue or green eyes are lucky; you can get away with just wearing the color of your eyes. I'm Korean, with a slightly darker skin tone than most Asians (but not as dark as Philippines). My eyes and hair are both very dark, so I pick colors to bring out my complexion.

For shirts, I've gotten a lot of compliments wearing light purples, mint and teal, and any shade of blue that isn't royal. Also, white over ecru, and any patterned shirt that has enough white to create a contrast without being distracting or loud (certain JCrew plaids, for example). Darker colors that make my skin tone pop are medium grey (just lighter than charcoal), navy, and if I'm a little sunburnt, burgundy and crimson.

Interesting(?) story: I learned a lot of this from my mom.

XeF4

Reaction score
HIGH TIER
Blue
Grey
Brown

MID TIER
White
Green
Purple
Orange
Black

**** TIER
Red
Yellow

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
light reds, baby blues, navy

nothing too strong

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
EVERY TONE OF BLUE UNDER THE ******* SUN!
Red
Purple
White
Black
Pretty much everything but pink and certain pale pastels.

Oh by the way, my eyes are blue, my hair is a light brown (gonna be copper soon), and my skin is lightly tanned, darkest on the arms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads