• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of clothes should I buy [description inside]

CorrectFact

Reaction score
Let me first describe myself to you

I am 18, 6 foot, I keep my head shaved down to below a 1 guard, I am quite muscular. Got stubble, deep voice, I'm very manly for my age.

I don't wear stuff like purple shirts, stripy shirts, yellow scarves, etc etc, none of that stuff.

I go to college.

I normally wear timbaland boots, jeans, a t-shirt and black jacket.

I want to buy some clothes tomorrow in that style. What should I look for? What kind of clothes would suit me based on the description provided?

Thanks and peace.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. If you like "Timbaland" boots, jeans, t-shirts and black jackets, wear that.

CorrectFact

Reaction score
Yes I agree, but I can't show up to college everyday in the same clothes :/

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorrectFact
Yes I agree, but I can't show up to college everyday in the same clothes :/

Your best bet is to look around at the stores you already like to buy from for similar items. If you want recommendations on other brands to consider, you should post in the "Streetwear and Denim" section of the forum.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
To shift to something a little sharper but in keeping with your college environment, try some brown-colored longwings or perhaps handsewns. Sharp twill trousers or dark colored jeans. Throw in some OCBD's in interesting colors. Grab a nice leather jacket or a relaxed blazer, perhaps corduroy or tweed. Add only one or two elements at a time unless you really want to be noticed. But it's not good to look like you are trying too hard.

Most important: find a good barber and visit him regularly. Only grow stubble if it works with your face, the Geico Caveman/Grunge generally does not go over well. Smell nice and always be clean.

essej

Reaction score
You may like Red Wing and Alden boots.

CorrectFact

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mudhiker
To shift to something a little sharper but in keeping with your college environment, try some brown-colored longwings or perhaps handsewns. Sharp twill trousers or dark colored jeans. Throw in some OCBD's in interesting colors. Grab a nice leather jacket or a relaxed blazer, perhaps corduroy or tweed. Add only one or two elements at a time unless you really want to be noticed. But it's not good to look like you are trying too hard.

Most important: find a good barber and visit him regularly. Only grow stubble if it works with your face, the Geico Caveman/Grunge generally does not go over well. Smell nice and always be clean.

cant help that im losing my hair at age 18 so i keep it buzzed down really short

i look a bit like vin diesel people have told me

Mudhiker

Reaction score
cant help that im losing my hair at age 18 so i keep it buzzed down really short

i look a bit like vin diesel people have told me

Then rock it.
smile.gif
Confidence is the key to style.
Yul-Brynner-500.jpg
brynner05.jpg
yul3.jpg

telly1.jpg

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear a hat! You only have to buy one good one and it can change your look. It's a great look for short haired men, especially considering that it's already starting to go as you say.

CorrectFact

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Wear a hat! You only have to buy one good one and it can change your look. It's a great look for short haired men, especially considering that it's already starting to go as you say.
nah im not gonna hide it im like the only one in my college of 1000+ people with a really buzzed down hair, like bald. And im confident about it, i walk up straight, i stand right in the middle of crowded people, who cares? Its just hair

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah im not gonna hide it

im like the only one in my college of 1000+ people with a really buzzed down hair, like bald.

And im confident about it, i walk up straight, i stand right in the middle of crowded people, who cares? Its just hair

What I meant is that hats look good on short haired men, and it just happens to be convenient that you have short hair. It's not about hiding it. Hats are very stylish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads