1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of cars do you guys have?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MjHoffmann, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Spilotro

Spilotro Senior member

^ Awesome Supra!

2003 Mustang GT here. No pics, though. [​IMG]

2. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

04 infiniti g35x

3. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

x2

Fuck I wish they kept the supra around. So fucking sexy.

4. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

hahaha, i get that a lot, especially from experienced car guys. regular people just ask me if it's broken, and everybody asks me if it's safe.

it's not =P

but here's a photo:
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v290/130/28/6028305/n6028305_37852307_4412.jpg[/IMG]

that was taken when the car was about half an inch higher than it is right now, with about half a degree less camber in the rear than it is now. for clarification, the fronts are only doing about -4*.

the japanese call this style of tuning "vip", pronounced like "hip", not "vee-eye-pee". essentially, it's taking an expensive japanese luxury sedan and tuning it. you'll see different influences, like from yankee style cars, sporty/drift style cars, old school yakuza cars, european vw/audis, etc, but almost all vip cars share a few traits: 1. super low, 2. crazy wheel fitment, whether flush or tucked. most of the japanese vip tuners run coilovers, so most guys actually do drive that low (as do i).

here are some more (better) examples (and as you can see, my car is nowhere near the weirdness/badassness/craziness of these cars yet):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3283/3124138401_4b853a58f7.jpg[/IMG]
    G]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/12-14-08 event/18.jpg[/IMG]
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/S-Cup 12-7-08/21.jpg[/IMG]
    ]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/VIPq45/S-Cup 12-7-08/22.jpg[/IMG]

wow, i can't believe i'm talking about vip-tuning on styleforum, and sorry for the long-winded explanation!

haha, here is a few good friends of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Skoalbandit

Skoalbandit Member

2004 Audi A4 3.0 Red/Tan

6. Faded501s

Faded501s Senior member

7. haTTer

haTTer Senior member

1989 Carrera 3.2 Sport Package
    Stock Original 52,000 kms
    Stone Grey
    2nd owner

[​IMG]

8. MikkoN

MikkoN Senior member

Banged up ´96 Land Rover Defender 90.
    Green with white top...naturally.
    My dream car!!!

9. suited

suited Senior member

10. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

1989 Carrera 3.2 Sport Package
    Stock Original 52,000 kms
    Stone Grey
    2nd owner

[​IMG]

Banged up ´96 Land Rover Defender 90.
    Green with white top...naturally.
    My dream car!!!

both of those are badass.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

12. Spilotro

Spilotro Senior member

I have owned a VW polo, a golf and an aston martin db7 all for a few month each...I utterly hate automobiles btw...(and I'm glad that I'm living in Europe where one can afford to do that and still live stylishly nontheless- the rest of the world is as always deep Province, esp.recently one can see how cars are just the tip of the cretinous consumerist iceberg.)

cars are_ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No I would go even further and declare a good and fair punishment for everyone who owns a car- maybe 20 x w.a stick should be ok...and then a hefty fine of gold/life cattle (sorry Im already talking in post apocalypse vocabulary which most of you do not have the intelligence to comprehend)...youre all still caught up in illusionary idiocies...anyway soon you will be caught up in another sort of illusionary idiocy which you wont approve of as much as in this one. [​IMG] [yeah Maya is tricky you fucking ignoramuses]

[​IMG]

People are entitled to expend their personal wealth as they wish, which is just one of the many reasons that considerable amounts of wealth are generated among nations; want to guess what happens when you remove this incentive to produce?

Get off your high horse, and stop insulting people with this sophomoric attitude of yours. If you study and comprehend economics at all, this philosophy of yours will pass like a squeeky, yet putrid fart.

13. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

[​IMG]

People are entitled to expend their personal wealth as they wish, which is just one of the many reasons that considerable amounts of wealth are generated among nations; want to guess what happens when you remove this incentive to produce?

Get off your high horse, and stop insulting people with this sophomoric attitude of yours. If you study and comprehend economics at all, this philosophy of yours will pass like a squeeky, yet putrid fart.

I think he makes a good point; but given how our country has developed in the last 50 years-- it's impossible to do away with autos.

The suburban Levittown model and the post WW2 'dream' is what did us wrong. Everyone having their own little house with 2 cars, living far away from the city is simply not sustainable over the long run.

We should have been developing our cities and public transportation.

14. Spilotro

Spilotro Senior member

Everyone? No, not hardly. But, many can, and will continue to do so as long as their income and interests permit.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

People in urban environments have long had cars. Rolls Royce didn't survive selling cars to suburbanites.

16. mtechnic

mtechnic Well-Known Member

Current
    91 325ic
    [​IMG]

Past that I would still own if I didn't move to DC.
    [​IMG]

17. BeeZee

BeeZee Well-Known Member

99 Honda Civic SI

$10 USD worth gas usually last me a week [​IMG]. I plan on upgrading after I graduate from college.

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

[​IMG]
    I love the 80's 5-series. A great car with a lot of pep and nice looks.

19. oli2140

oli2140 Active Member

Just a normal Ford Mondeo Estate and a beautiful 275GTB [​IMG] Taken on the 'Top Gear' Track by a Swedish Magazine

20. Rush

Rush Member

Just a normal Ford Mondeo Estate and a beautiful 275GTB

[​IMG]

Taken on the 'Top Gear' Track by a Swedish Magazine

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]