• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of cars do you guys have?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I moved to the city - 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. V-trim turbo with AEM stand alone engine management and all the supporting goodies on a stock block and head. Approximately 300AWHP on a Mustang Dyno. 12 second flat 1/4 mile on a 2.5" downpipe (bye-bye 911 Turbo, Z06, et al.) All home garage built.

But I don't think this means much to anyone on a clothing forum. LOL.

cheez80

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Before I moved to the city - 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. V-trim turbo with AEM stand alone engine management and all the supporting goodies on a stock block and head. Approximately 300AWHP on a Mustang Dyno. 12 second flat 1/4 mile on a 2.5" downpipe (bye-bye 911 Turbo, Z06, et al.) All home garage built.

But I don't think this means much to anyone on a clothing forum. LOL.

i used to fantasize about the aem setup...... too bad i was broke. toyed around with the thought of using megasquirt on an AE86 project, but the frame on the chassis we had was too mangled. there went my dreams of building something vaguely kei-office inspired
frown.gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheez80
i used to fantasize about the aem setup...... too bad i was broke. toyed around with the thought of using megasquirt on an AE86 project, but the frame on the chassis we had was too mangled. there went my dreams of building something vaguely kei-office inspired
frown.gif

AEM was a PITA. Lots of learning to even get the car to run half decently. A friend was a big help with getting the tune just right.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an S600 from the late 90s that I commandered from my dad many years ago. It's been in storage for a long time and I don't really know what I'll do with it. I think they look badass but I also feel like a 40 year old dictator driving it.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheez80
i have a 2000 infiniti Q45 anniversary edition - insurance coilovers, peak performance multilink, work euroline n in 19x9.5 ET8 19x10 ET-11. it's almost 6" lower than stock, and i'm running -7* camber.

-7 camber and a 6-inch drop? Are you sure the shop knows what they're doing?

--Andre

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I had an S600 from the late 90s that I commandered from my dad many years ago. It's been in storage for a long time and I don't really know what I'll do with it. I think they look badass but I also feel like a 40 year old dictator driving it.
If the S600 is in good running condition, then you have a wonderful car with a very smooth V12. As you know, during its day, there was none other as technologically advanced as the S600. The mid to late 90's S600 is a superb vehicle that's often considered the highest quality car ever made by MB. Although BMW beat MB to the punch with the V12, MB did it better, much better.

Now if it's not in good running condition, then....

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
If the S600 is in good running condition, then you have a wonderful car with a very smooth V12. As you know, during its day, there was none other as technologically advanced as the S600. The mid to late 90's S600 is a superb vehicle that's often considered the highest quality car ever made by MB. Although BMW beat MB to the punch with the V12, MB did it better, much better.

Now if it's not in good running condition, then....

It's got 50k miles and looks brand new (it's black).

I have this one eccentric uncle who has driven the same volvo for like 30 years. I think it has close to a million miles or something. He has kept it pretty clean and honestly it's fine. This MB I have in storage wasn't driven much and I got lucky with getting it since the CL600 or whatever it is came out which is why I got this one so early on in its life.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's got 50k miles and looks brand new (it's black).
I would say keep it. The W140 S class is a really well-done car.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I would say keep it. The W140 S class is a really well-done car.

I am keeping it but I never drive. I'm just going to maintain it and see what I want to do with it in a couple years. It's a bad ass car but I kind of want a Jag. I don't know at this point. I don't really need a car so it will stay a non issue.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
People still like Jags?
uhoh.gif

Are you even in a high enough tax bracket to know what they look like?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am keeping it but I never drive. I'm just going to maintain it and see what I want to do with it in a couple years. It's a bad ass car but I kind of want a Jag. I don't know at this point. I don't really need a car so it will stay a non issue.
It helps to drive a V12 regularly, seriously.

Which Jag?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads