1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What jeans did I buy?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pallan, Nov 26, 2012.

1. pallan

pallan Member

I'm new to denim, and over the past year I had been looking for a good pair of jeans. I was reading up on the whole selvage, raw denim, and using certain types of looms, and decided I want in on that. I was originally going to go with a pair from Denim Design Lab (are they any good?) but had just been sitting on the idea.

A friend told me to go for a pair of slim-straight cut jeans, presumably because I'm fairly short and don't have long legs. I imagine anything too baggy would make that seem worse.

I just moved to Europe, and saw a pair of Levis 511 "slim fit" jeans at a TK Maxx for what seemed like an alright price and I really liked the look of them. They're fairly dark blue, and have a white and blue Levis label. I rolled up the leg and it seems to be selvage. It has a tag that says to wear as long as possible before washing (does this mean it's raw denim?) There's also a code that says 839943 AO.

Did I get anything decent?