1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What I've learned from Styleforum (or, a guide to not wasting money / avoid buyers remorse)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Apr 20, 2014.

1. tabcollar

tabcollar Member

This ad popped up at the bottom of my screen, which made me think of your post. Interesting that BB is currently doing 7-fold satin ties for $175. But your points are well taken. From the pics, the ties aren't overly shiny, and the mouse-overs indicate some subtle surface interest.

As an aside, I notice they're 4-inch width. <Swoon> I can't wait for that width to become standard again.

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

That could have something to do with the amazing cut and style of phineas cole clothing, too! I'm always in awe of this brand when I see it at the Madison ave store.

In other personal lessons learned...Adding Eidos Napoli clothing (especially shirts, for their collars and cut) to my short list of Greats, after taking a good look @ Bloomingdales last week. I think I like their shirts second only to Cipa, for the perfect higher collar and spread- next Bloomingdales gift card or applicable discount offer, def going to pick up a few things from this brand

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm sure @NickPollica will be happy to hear that.

1 person likes this.
  4. aph999

aph999 Senior member

I'll underscore the point Foxx made at the beginning about fit; while I do get compliments on my Kitons and Brionis for their fine fabrics, my far cheaper Bogliolis get compliments as well because they fit me so well. I also favor their lightweight, quarter-lined jackets. My Sartoria Partenopea suits also fit very well.

The sweet spot for me is a trim, lightweight Kiton with a 14 micron wool.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    3 people like this.