• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your sweets intake?

obiter dictum

Reaction score
I prefer my hot drinks (tee, coffee) without sugar, but other than that it's a sugar bonanza. Definitely can't go a day without something sweet, usually more than one. Today is a pretty average weekday: Two medium sized choc chop cookies, a tiny chocolate bar and a chocolate muffin so far, but my brain is starting to crave and I still have about four hours left until bedtime...

Never had any problems with weight gain because I'm a small eater compared to my height/frame and have a decent combustion. If I ever start gaining weight (muscle weight not included) I'm going to start cutting though. I dread that day, I'm worried it might make my life considerably less enjoyable.
musicboohoo[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
about 1 serving a month or less. If I lived in a place that took dessert seriously, Japan or Europe, I'd be inclined to eat 30 servings/month or more. Not really a chocolate fiend, and I have this engrained motto in my soul that men shouldn't eat sweets, so I don't really do them. I love sorbets in meals and savoury ice creams, I just don't particularly like sitting down to a tower of fluff and lace with a downsized piece of silverware.

OldGeezer

Reaction score
I eat sweets daily (and nightly). Today at work I've almost finished off a 10 oz. container of Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Mint Creams. When I get home I have a **** load of Easter candy, and I'll munch on it all evening. Don't even mention cake to me......

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OldGeezer
I eat sweets daily (and nightly). Today at work I've almost finished off a 10 oz. container of Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Mint Creams. When I get home I have a **** load of Easter candy, and I'll munch on it all evening. Don't even mention cake to me......

You sound dangerously pre-diabetic.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
you are lucky bro, that you dont have it in your genes to want sweets. i cant stand my strong and powerful desire for sweets. and it couldnt have been environmental, as when i was a child i hardly had any sweets.

I don't think its in the genes, brother... my mom and sisters are closet chocolate eaters, and I also consumed copious amounts of sweets when I was a kid... I don't know, somehow it just turned out this way, and I'm not complaining at all.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very rarely. always choose the cheese plate after a meal.

find sugar in coffee disgusting. sugar in tea is unbearable. sweet alcoholic drinks are the devils work.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of you guys must have enormous ****.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
I live off of Potbelly's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I stuff my face after a good bake session.
Oh my God. I ate those all the time in college. I miss them so much.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
^Haha. I stop by there like, everyday after work to grab one or two. And when they're sold out I'll pig out on one of the dozen-count mini-bags. I really need to kick this habit before the summer season.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have in a given week that would qualify as sweets would be at most a teaspoon of natural peanut butter now and then, and I use a small amount of coffee mate fat free creamer in my coffee when I wake up.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I'm not a sweets eater, but I'm absolutely defenseless to saltwater taffy, Hot Tamales, and cheesecake. They're the only three things I can't decline under any circumstance.

themidship22

Reaction score
My family loves sweets. Our dessert table at Christmas or Thanksgiving overflows with syruppy sweet montrosities. These occasions have broke me of what I grew up believing as desserts. Today I enjoy a nice dessert that has a few more flavors than Karo syrup and buttercream icing.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mom loves to bake cakes and pies, and is really good at it. I'm visiting my folks this weekend and know that I'll be eating lots of delicious desserts all weekend.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads