• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your stylish windbreaker jacket for 50F/60F weather?

klepto

Reaction score
My go to jackets right now are minimalist suede bomber jackets and harrington jackets. I'd love to know what you wear so I can have some other options available. I like jackets that are slim fit which allows me to layer if the weather gets colder.

Reaction score
I am in need of a good Harrington around the $150 - $200 range, so I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread. My personal fav layered jackets right now are:

1) Hybrid Bomber Hill City
2) Zara Jacket which I bought 5 years ago and has lasted me surprisingly well. Sorry I can't find a link since it's so old, but here's a picture I found back when I was in Japan 2 years ago.

Omer

Attachments

• IMG_0817_Original.JPG
    IMG_0817_Original.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

moimael

Reaction score
I usually wear my Private White V.C dry wax jacket. Excellent against the wind and perfect with a mid weight knitwear underneath. Love the rugged look and the practicality of all the pockets. Not very good to layer a jacket on top though as it is pretty heavy.

Attachments

• 22499676(1).jpeg
    22499676(1).jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 96

klepto

Reaction score
I usually wear my Private White V.C dry wax jacket. Excellent against the wind and perfect with a mid weight knitwear underneath.

That is a perfect windbreaker with a rugged aesthetic.

klepto

Reaction score
I am in need of a good Harrington around the $150 - $200 range, so I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread. My personal fav layered jackets right now are:

Superdry has some harrington jackets in that range, I was looking at them recently.

Casaubon

Reaction score
Glad that you started this thread because I'm also on the lookout for something of that sort. I only have one that I wear in such temperatures, which on sunnier days feels ridiculous because it is essentially a raincoat:

Otherwise, both bomber jackets and Harrington jackets don't fit me too well, which is why I prefer field coats.

I usually wear my Private White V.C dry wax jacket. Excellent against the wind and perfect with a mid weight knitwear underneath. Love the rugged look and the practicality of all the pockets. Not very good to layer a jacket on top though as it is pretty heavy.

That is just beautiful.

moimael

Reaction score
Glad that you started this thread because I'm also on the lookout for something of that sort. I only have one that I wear in such temperatures, which on sunnier days feels ridiculous because it is essentially a raincoat:

View attachment 1288974

Otherwise, both bomber jackets and Harrington jackets don't fit me too well, which is why I prefer field coats.

That is just beautiful.

You should have a look here: https://therake.com/sale/clothing/jacket.html Black friday sale just started and they have wonderful field/safari/bomber/... jackets

Also if you like mine, it's on sale here: https://www.manufactum.com/private-white-mens-waxed-cotton-jacket-a70420/

Casaubon

Reaction score
Thanks! I see some great looking-styles and can only suppose that the quality is on par too. However, even the cheaper ones are bit too costly for me at the moment, but perhaps I could wait until a next discount occasion and invest in something like that. Fortunately, I'm not in a hurry, just on the lookout.

moimael

Reaction score
@Casaubon I understand. If you are on a budget, I highly recommend thrifting. You can find a lot of old Barbour / corduroy / field jackets in excellent condition for next to nothing. And for a waxed jacket, just rewaxing it will make it look amazing with a great patina if it's vintage.

klepto

Reaction score

moimael

Reaction score
Yes Barbour is nice, great quality. I went with the Private white because craftsmanship is even better and I don't like having the brand stamped on my clothing for everyone to see.

Casaubon

Reaction score
@Casaubon I understand. If you are on a budget, I highly recommend thrifting. You can find a lot of old Barbour / corduroy / field jackets in excellent condition for next to nothing. And for a waxed jacket, just rewaxing it will make it look amazing with a great patina if it's vintage.

Thanks for the tip about waxing, that did not occur to me at all! As far as thrifting is concerned, I've been keeping my eye on the jacket offer but the thrift stores around where I come from are really poorly supplied, there are no vintage stores per se, and second-hand luxury boutiques are ridiculously over-priced compared to what I've seen in, say, NYC. Especially when you take into consideration the state some of the things are in. But I like to visit thrift stores abroad when I have the time just in case I run into something interesting.

printyra

Reaction score
get yourself a chore coat. I have a Hydrone Blue Le Laboreur chore coat in moleskin. It is fantastic for that weather range. I've never tried layering over it bc it is a fairly heavy-duty moleskin fabric.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tokito Barbour.
72150440_2500008643415750_7661189703917613419_n.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads