• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your shoe size and your......

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a size 11D US. I saw something that I liked in a European 44. I'm not that familiar with European sizing so I googled "shoe size conversion".

This is what I got:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes-anatomy.html

Opinions please from Jcusey, A Harris and the experts!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's no universal shoe size conversion - it depends on the brand in question. every company sizes their shoes slightly different. you may be anywhere between a 43 and a 46. 44 sounds as good as any as a place to start.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I usually wear a 10UK, 10.5US or 11US in dress shoes, depending, and an 11 in work boots and sneakers, and my Triumph motorcycle boots are a 44. A 43 wouldn't fit and a 45 was very large. This is only one data point, but FWIW anway.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I bet you'll need a 44.5 or 45 if you're a USA 11.

Thanks KB, I hope you are right! I did a little research and I too, feel I would need a 44.5 or 45. So I passed on the shoes. Yes, they were an Ebay "Deal"!

I'm not familiar with Foyd & Haig, but they are English and supposedly decent quality. They are going for all of $3.00 right now! They didn't get a bid at $5.00. The seller had a very similar pair that did sell for $5.00. If anyone knows anything about Floyd & Haig, please post the info!

Here are the shoes, someone on the Forum should buy them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320016734701

Infinite42

Reaction score
I must say I'm quite surprised this hasn't already been addressed, but there isn't a similar page available without the...tangential information?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads