• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is your shoe size and your......

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a size 11D US. I saw something that I liked in a European 44. I'm not that familiar with European sizing so I googled "shoe size conversion".

This is what I got:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes-anatomy.html

Opinions please from Jcusey, A Harris and the experts!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's no universal shoe size conversion - it depends on the brand in question. every company sizes their shoes slightly different. you may be anywhere between a 43 and a 46. 44 sounds as good as any as a place to start.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Reaction score
I usually wear a 10UK, 10.5US or 11US in dress shoes, depending, and an 11 in work boots and sneakers, and my Triumph motorcycle boots are a 44. A 43 wouldn't fit and a 45 was very large. This is only one data point, but FWIW anway.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I bet you'll need a 44.5 or 45 if you're a USA 11.

Thanks KB, I hope you are right! I did a little research and I too, feel I would need a 44.5 or 45. So I passed on the shoes. Yes, they were an Ebay "Deal"!

I'm not familiar with Foyd & Haig, but they are English and supposedly decent quality. They are going for all of $3.00 right now! They didn't get a bid at $5.00. The seller had a very similar pair that did sell for $5.00. If anyone knows anything about Floyd & Haig, please post the info!

Here are the shoes, someone on the Forum should buy them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320016734701

Infinite42

Reaction score
I must say I'm quite surprised this hasn't already been addressed, but there isn't a similar page available without the...tangential information?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.