• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is Your Most Enjoyable Retail Website?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all shop at websites that sell stuff, but which one or ones do you really enjoy? Which one creates the best on-line experience and why?

I'm trying to find the best examples for apparel and home decor/kitchen items.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn that is a hard question. i really choose the websites i go to based on what i need at the moment. i also find myself shopping on line less and less now that i am more concerned about fit.

i will say as far as larger retailers go i have always found the brooks brothers website to very user friendly, and fun to both browse and shop. good filtering options, good pictures and usually good stuff on sale. i like bespoke england a lot as well for most of the same reasons and the fact they have many pics for their items all with good zoom capabilities. even though the website needs a good amount of work i enjoy browsing ehaberdasher as well. i just find that they always have fun stuff available.

thats all that comes to mind right now, but its a great question, ill think about more and report back if anything comes to me.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://labourandwait.co.uk/

This is a home accessory company in the UK. Clear photos, easy to navigate site, nice little story about each item. It gives me a sense that it is a well edited collection and not just a lot of stuff for sale. I feel like this is a special store that I would like to visit.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://labourandwait.co.uk/
This is a home accessory company in the UK. Clear photos, easy to navigate site, nice little story about each item. It gives me a sense that it is a well edited collection and not just a lot of stuff for sale. I feel like this is a special store that I would like to visit.

Wow a site that still opens a small pop up window to house the entire site. Blech.

mellow

Reaction score
Mr Porter is great, the videos are very helpful.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mr Porter is great, the videos are very helpful.

Mr. Porter has become my favorite site for online purchases. Merchandise I like, good service, and very fast shipping.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1000 on Mr. Porter. Great shopping experience, great brands, great pieces. Good pics on how to match the item you want with other stuff, the journal, etc.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is amazon, only because it feels really great to buy something thats $2-$5 and get free shipping.

I knew I was going to run out of Siracha sauce soon, and I was not going to the grocery any time soon, so I had 2 bottles sent to me with 2 day shipping for about $10.

Sunburn

Reaction score
Although biased, I'm happy with our very own e-commerce store Worcestershire Leather Company and take the user experience very seriously, although not (yet) in the same league as say amazon or play.com we pride our selves on a first rate customer service, so much so, we do everything possible to make sure the customer gets everything they need to have a great and positive experience when shopping with us.

Other stores we really appreciate arehttp://www.peckhamrye.com/ and http://alfredsargent.co.uk/
Great post btw and look forward to reading others suggestions.

Geoff

Last edited:

Sawdust

Reaction score
I enjoy jumpthegun in the UK only cos I blow loads of money there.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1stdibs.com
mrporter.com
fab.com*

*Disclaimer: if you buy here I will reap monetary benefit

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy tons of stuff on Amazon, and with prime membership its free 2-day shipping. Great website for not too fancy yet essential stuff and easy to navigate
Also, for specialized clothing/footwear, Backcountry is great

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads