• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is Your Holy Grail Hair Product?

Hey Man

Reaction score
I thought that I would start a thread for everyone to list what their holy grail (or favorite) hair product is and why. I know many of us have tried so many various hair products over the years and have finally settled on what you are using now.

In addition, to help others who may not have ever tried your holy grail hair product, I thought it would be a good idea to go into a little description of the product in terms of what it does, the strength of hold and any other features the product may have. As well, how do you use the product and style your hair with it.

It would also be good to give your hair length/style as some products are better suited for long or short hair or both.

I will give my answers later, so here we go with the holy grail thread:

Holy Grail Product:

What's Great About It/Description of Product:

How I Use It:

Best Suited For:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pinaud/Clubman extra hold styling gel.

What I use it for....to slick straight back. It's cheap, and holds very well.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pic_ep034a.jpg

I own a number of scalp massagers. And use them, religiously.
Brilliantine is another favorite product. Adds shine to hair, and keeps it in place.
untitled-13.jpg

Swann

Reaction score
tr60017vr6.jpg

My favourite product to keep hair in place.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
said it 100x already but I love this stuff
IMG_1918.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i really like beeswax... i can't think of the brand, but I use it rather than pomade.

capnpyro

Reaction score
http://www.simplybrad.com/images/alb...mh0522/071.jpg My holy grail of hair products would be one that can give me a messy hair hold like that without appearing greasy or shiny in the least, I want something matte like that. I've been through the KMS paste, bedhead wax, and others. Generally when I find something matte enough it's not good enough to leave the hair clumped together and sticking up, it's usually just one uniform shape. Usually I just use bedhead wax with some sort of texture paste. Any suggestions?

bumblehair

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
http://www.simplybrad.com/images/alb...mh0522/071.jpg

My holy grail of hair products would be one that can give me a messy hair hold like that without appearing greasy or shiny in the least, I want something matte like that. I've been through the KMS paste, bedhead wax, and others. Generally when I find something matte enough it's not good enough to leave the hair clumped together and sticking up, it's usually just one uniform shape.

Usually I just use bedhead wax with some sort of texture paste. Any suggestions?

1. Schwarzkopf- OSIS- Mess up
Matte and clumpy excellent product for any kind of choppy as the name says, messed up hairstyle.
This would also be my Holy Grail product despite my username.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
http://www.simplybrad.com/images/alb...mh0522/071.jpg

My holy grail of hair products would be one that can give me a messy hair hold like that without appearing greasy or shiny in the least, I want something matte like that. I've been through the KMS paste, bedhead wax, and others. Generally when I find something matte enough it's not good enough to leave the hair clumped together and sticking up, it's usually just one uniform shape.

Usually I just use bedhead wax with some sort of texture paste. Any suggestions?

yea I have the same issue. I hate the feeling of paste and the look of grease. So, after trying everything I have found something from Redken called manneuver. I use a bit of it, and it holds hair well without a gross appearance. If you apply it just right, after an hour or so you can run your fingers through your hair and not really feel the wax. It's very natural, at least for me.

woodywoodson

Reaction score
Don't know if I'd go so far as calling it the Holy Grail, but I am currently very satisfied with American Crew's Fiber hair-hold junk. It holds my hair, yet doesn't usually look too wet or obvious. Also, stays on my hair as opposed to my scalp (this was a big problem for me with gels). Plus I consider it to have a mild, non-feminine odor (smells a bit like grapefruit to me).

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For shampoos and hair treatment, it's Rene Furterer. For styling products, bumble and bumble is good and Jonathan's 'Dirt".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads