• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your height and what length pants do you wear?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'1" and fat.

Around a 32" but the sodding manufacturers seem to use a variety of dodgy tape measures.

Izod32

Reaction score
anyone here heard of a guy 5'8 and wear a 32 or 34 inseam??

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
If you can see your socks when you sit down, your jeans are too short.

Haha.

This is a joke, right?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Haha.

This is a joke, right?

The real joke is a picture of you wearing jeans.

zerostyle

Reaction score
I'm 5'9, and wear a 30" inseam on most pants. It usually leaves a medium break. I'd probably be around a 29" if I wanted no/minimum break.

Of course, this very much depends on the pants. If your waist is a bit loose, your pants will sag and can easily let the legs dip another inch or more lower.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to know this until I copped some raw denim and I was like man I never need to buy another pair of pants again so I just cuff that 30 million inch inseam pair of pants.

Reaction score
I like stacking on slim jeans. I'm true 30" inseam and wear 32"

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izod32
I'm 5'8 and 162 lbs or so and always wear 32/30 with jeans. I tried on some Banana Republic dress pants in 32/30 but for some reason, they don't seem to cover my loafer that i was wearing. Like imagine you are wearing a loafer and the pants while you are standing up, doesn't cover it all so you can see your socks. Are those dress pants too short? Someone told me he is not surprised that the length is not long enough because he is 6'1 and for Banana Republic, he wears 31 or 32 in length whereas i wear 30 in lenghth?
5'11" 180 lbs (+/- 5) and im a 33 or 34 waist and take a 32.75" inseam in suit pants (slight break) a 33-33.5" inseam with chinos (came wear with and w/o a cuff) and take 33-34" in denim with a small cuff. if i where you i would experiment with inseams on different pants. some people look great with a little shorter inseam if they roll-up. something like this ...
11.jpg
Oak-Street-Trail-Oxford-Gear-Patrol-1.jpg
while other look better in something like this ...
13.jpg
everyone is going to be just a little different so please use this advice as a guideline only and just do a little work and find out what looks best on you.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'10", 30" inseam. I actually buy 32/34s because i want a little stacking. ******* Korean mountain people legs. Long ass torso so most shirts ride up to my belly button.
ffffuuuu.gif

I have an acquaintance that's something like 6'4" with a 30" inseam.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
6'3, 175ish lbs, and i wear a 32 or 33 and a34 length

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads