• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is your height and what length pants do you wear?

Izod32

Reaction score
I'm 5'8 and 162 lbs or so and always wear 32/30 with jeans. I tried on some Banana Republic dress pants in 32/30 but for some reason, they don't seem to cover my loafer that i was wearing. Like imagine you are wearing a loafer and the pants while you are standing up, doesn't cover it all so you can see your socks. Are those dress pants too short?

Someone told me he is not surprised that the length is not long enough because he is 6'1 and for Banana Republic, he wears 31 or 32 in length whereas i wear 30 in lenghth?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6'3". 34 inseam.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izod32
I'm 5'8 and 162 lbs or so and always wear 32/30 with jeans. I tried on some Banana Republic dress pants in 32/30 but for some reason, they don't seem to cover my loafer that i was wearing. Like imagine you are wearing a loafer and the pants while you are standing up, doesn't cover it all so you can see your socks. Are those dress pants too short?

Someone told me he is not surprised that the length is not long enough because he is 6'1 and for Banana Republic, he wears 31 or 32 in length whereas i wear 30 in lenghth?

For slacks you might see them purposefully shortening the inseam for styling purposes. Some people prefer this in order to more visibly show their socks and shoes.

anyway,

5'8" height

29" inseam with no break (personal preference with slacks)
30" inseam with slight break atop shoe
32" to stack

Cheese1

Reaction score
Height: 5'7
Inseam: 30

I do have a pair of like 34 inseams that I stack with because I'm too lazy (and don't trust my tailor) to get them hemmed.

wangvicous

Reaction score
Maybe the rise on the dress pants was lower? Remember inseam isn't from the top of the pants but from the bottom of the crotch. Anyway 6'1", I usually wear a 34 but its a tad long.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10"

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6'2, 34

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'1", 34

everyone has different torso/leg proportions though and someone taller could have short legs.

also, marked inseam lengths are rarely accurate with jeans ime.

good luck to you OP!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.