• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favourite RTW shirt line?

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
non-baller here. i have several John W. Nordstrom shirts, and feel that they make great workhorse dress shirts. they are cut very generously, so the slim/athletic fit is probably the way to go (and even those are still rather roomy in the middle).

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For everyday's use:

T&A and Gherardi.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I generally stick with BB slim fit shirts because I can stock up at a good price when they are on sale and they also seem to wash up nicely for me. I do have a couple of Truzzi shirts that I really love but would never pay anywhere near full retail for them.

For more casual shirts, I recently got a few from Kinloch Anderson at a local shop and can definitely see myself getting more of them in the future. They are similar to some of the older Viyella shirts and I really like the feel of them.

poincare0

Reaction score
NB: I am not a newbie- I have just died a lot on here. That is why spoo loves me so much. I have called his (and others) BS many times.

threads about RTW shirts are not like threads about say RTW shoes, because:

-the variety of offers under consideration is much larger

-the quality of the product/number of lines inside each brand changes at least as fastl

-shoes have much clearer quality markers

these means that the amount of global information each member has about RTW shirts is much lower than in the case of shoes- and hence the advantage of more constant exchange of opinions

I own at least 3 but in most cases from 5-15: borreli, barba, buonamassa,Truzzi, T&A (Sea Island only), H&K, T Pink (Imperials 170s/200s only), Zegna Couture XXXs, Zileri Main Line, Zileri Sartoriale, Canali main line, Canali exclusive, Brioni main line, RLPL, Loro Piana (Cotton & Cotton & Cashmere) and my personal conclusion is that on the whole Zileri Sartoriale are the best

Now, i have handled many Kitons but never felt tempted to be robbed because of a name. So no owning experience but many minutes of handling/try on experience- and what comes to mind is "so fking what".

same can be said about Brioni but there i have been able to access more palatable price points- so i do own them, silk and all

I am aware that many of the big posters here have no knowledge of zileri sartoriale so i dont expect any of them to vouch for them. But i am here to do just so. Needless to say MSRP never- but deals can be had and the bloody things are heavenly

Posts from active "BS" Forum sellers like Spoo and Ichie should be handled with care

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo fine cotton (size L fits perfectly)
Dege & Skinner RTW

Used to be exclusively Brooksease until they all started falling apart

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Posts from active "BS" Forum sellers like Spoo and Ichie should be handled with care

Please, expound on 17,000 posts citing references. kthx

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please, expound on 17,000 posts citing references. kthx

Dont bother. He goes from post to post trying to piss people off. No sense arguing with him. This is the same guy who asked a member to count the number of windows on the Ede & Ravenscroft store to prove he lived in Cambridge. And said that i didnt know what i was talking about due to MY PERSONAL preference for tom ford captoes with jeans.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NB: I am not a newbie- I have just died a lot on here. That is why spoo loves me so much. I have called his (and others) BS many times.

I own at least 3 but in most cases from 5-15: borreli, barba, buonamassa,Truzzi, T&A (Sea Island only), H&K, T Pink (Imperials 170s/200s only), Zegna Couture XXXs, Zileri Main Line, Zileri Sartoriale, Canali main line, Canali exclusive, Brioni main line, RLPL, Loro Piana (Cotton & Cotton & Cashmere) and my personal conclusion is that on the whole Zileri Sartoriale are the best

Now, i have handled many Kitons but never felt tempted to be robbed because of a name. So no owning experience but many minutes of handling/try on experience- and what comes to mind is "so fking what".

Zileri Sartoriale shirts are well made, as many top end Itailian brands are. Saying they are the best is nothing more than stating your opinion - prove it by giving a set of logical and measureable statements that may convince us to take your claims seriously. Why are they best?

"so fking what", then what are doing voicing your opinion here? If you do not care about something to the point you add a significant bias against it, then your arguments are rendered meaningless. Since you are biased against Kiton for whatever economic or irrational / emotional reason, you offer nothing more than an opinion that, in all probability, will not even tenuously reflect reality.

Active B&S sellers would in all likelihood manage more goods through their hands in one year than you would in a lifetime as a casual buyer. They are much better placed to judge something in an unbiased manner. You would judge the quality of a Borrelli shirt just from owning one or two, they can judge Borrelli shirts because they have had dozens, if not hundreds pass through their hands over the years. Big difference.

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

threads about RTW shirts are not like threads about say RTW shoes, because:

-the variety of offers under consideration is much larger

-the quality of the product/number of lines inside each brand changes at least as fastl

-shoes have much clearer quality markers

these means that the amount of global information each member has about RTW shirts is much lower than in the case of shoes- and hence the advantage of more constant exchange of opinions

same can be said about Brioni but there i have been able to access more palatable price points- so i do own them, silk and all

I am aware that many of the big posters here have no knowledge of zileri sartoriale so i dont expect any of them to vouch for them. But i am here to do just so. Needless to say MSRP never- but deals can be had and the bloody things are heavenly

Zileri Sartoriale shirts are well made, as many top end Itailian brands are. Saying they are the best is nothing more than stating your opinion - prove it by giving a set of logical and measureable statements that may convince us to take your claims seriously. Why are they best?
"so fking what", then what are doing voicing your opinion here? If you do not care about something to the point you add a significant bias against it, then your arguments are rendered meaningless. Since you are biased against Kiton for whatever economic or irrational / emotional reason, you offer nothing more than an opinion that, in all probability, will not even tenuously reflect reality.
Active B&S sellers would in all likelihood manage more goods through their hands in one year than you would in a lifetime as a casual buyer. They are much better placed to judge something in an unbiased manner. You would judge the quality of a Borrelli shirt just from owning one or two, they can judge Borrelli shirts because they have had dozens, if not hundreds pass through their hands over the years. Big difference.

Seriously. I was going to write up something like this but didnt want to bother considering this guy's post history (goes around bashing random things). As for RTW Kiton shirts. My RTW shirt collection is mostly Borrelli, Brioni, and Zegna, with a bespoke from NSM here and there. Lately ive only been buying Tom Ford (most from stores but others from Spoo) and even though i only really buy TF now i have to say the Kiton shirts i own blow everything else i own out of the water when it comes to handwork and fabric. The cut leaves alot to be desired especially the ones for the american market, but i dunno how you can do better RTW than Kiton.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dont bother. He goes from post to post trying to piss people off. No sense arguing with him. This is the same guy who asked a member to count the number of windows on the Ede & Ravenscroft store to prove he lived in Cambridge. And said that i didnt know what i was talking about due to MY PERSONAL preference for tom ford captoes with jeans.

I most CERTAINLY trust your TF experience. Curse you for casting that receipt upon my eyes, it shall never be forgotten...

Most certainly. I think its cute how he thinks I give a ****. Must make him feel empowered to name drop me every chance he gets. Watch, he will do it again in a bit. Teeee heeeeeee.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

oh my, I come back to this forum after 4 days and there are no answers??

not even an insulting or ignorant reply? jeebus dont you people care about RTW shirts?

this forum is in trouble, first it becomes impossible to sell, now it is impossible to get an opinion

its because only imbeciles who know nothing about shirts use the term "rtw" you twat. its "otr"... "OTR"!!!!

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I most CERTAINLY trust your TF experience. Curse you for casting that receipt upon my eyes, it shall never be forgotten...
Most certainly. I think its cute how he thinks I give a ****. Must make him feel empowered to name drop me every chance he gets. Watch, he will do it again in a bit. Teeee heeeeeee.

The forum will defend the dependable, witty, and likeable fellow that goes by the name Spoo.

i only really buy TF now i have to say the Kiton shirts i own blow everything else i own out of the water when it comes to handwork and fabric. The cut leaves alot to be desired especially the ones for the american market, but i dunno how you can do better RTW than Kiton.

I agree on the cut of Kiton shirts. Yet to find one that did not require some alteration to perfect the fit, whereas TF works literally out of the box. I rate cut and fit above quality, so no guessing which dress shirt I prefer at the moment ;) .

Actually this talk reminds me of something. Spoo, how are you doing Tom Ford shirt wise? Any 17.5/18's coming in?

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The forum will defend the dependable, witty, and likeable fellow that goes by the name Spoo.
I agree on the cut of Kiton shirts. Yet to find one that did not require some alteration to perfect the fit, whereas TF works literally out of the box. I rate cut and fit above quality, so no guessing which dress shirt I prefer at the moment ;) .
Actually this talk reminds me of something. Spoo, how are you doing Tom Ford shirt wise? Any 17.5/18's coming in?

Absolutely. Like i said i only buy TF now because it works perfectly for me with no alterations. Maybe a Dart on one or two of them but most fit perfectly. But Kiton OTR is in a diff league and that is a painfull thing to admit considering im a TF fanboy lol .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics