Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is your favourite RTW shirt line?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by poincare0, Jan 18, 2012.

1. poincare0

poincare0 Well-Known Member

From personal experience- i.e buying/wearing at least 5 of each in the last 2 years: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

My 'comparable' comparison points are: RLPL, T&A Sea Island , Loro Piana (cotton), Brioni, Zegna couture, Lorenzini (own brand), Truzzi, Barba, ...

-

-

2. poincare0

poincare0 Well-Known Member

oh my, I come back to this forum after 4 days and there are no answers??

not even an insulting or ignorant reply? jeebus dont you people care about RTW shirts?

this forum is in trouble, first it becomes impossible to sell, now it is impossible to get an opinion

3. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

this topic has been done to death. but for me, kiton with finamore and borrelli a close second and 3rd.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

5. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

This is Styleforum and it has been here for years. You are a new member and making a poor assumption that we do not care about RTW shirts. We all care greatly and this is proven in the several dozens of threads dedicated to this topic. You just were not around to see the numerous discussions that run and rerun its course. Just run a search and all the information is there and take it as implicit that most members here do not feel it necessary to discuss and rediscuss the same old topic.

Also as a good assumption / rule of thumb, all the labels, brands, tailors etc mentioned fondly here make shirts at a high level (among other things of course).

Derek and Spoo hit the nail on the head here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

For a non-baller like me...

Dress shirts: BB ESF
    Sports shirts: PRL custom fit and Club Monaco slim fit

7. comrade

comrade Senior member

T&A and Finamore, also H&K.

8. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I think Truzzi are very underrated actually. Their cucita a mano line is all Thomas Mason fabrics. Aside from that you have the usual suspects, Barba, Finamore, and Borrelli. Kiton are also very good in my experience but I've never owned one.

As for English shirts T&A and H&K are very good. They just lack the handwork present in their Italian counterparts.

9. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

I have shirts I love from Borrelli, Isaia and Charvet. I have not tried Kiton or Finamore and don't feel I need to. Yet.

I second the vote for the RL custom fits and the BB luxury slim fits (or whatever the purple label is) for button downs on the lower end of the scale.

I have given up on offshore MTM, too much inconsistency in fabrics. SinceI'm a pretty easy fit so the European RTW brands are what plan on buying.

10. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

come to teh dark side. ;) seriously. I cant tell you how great the collars and fit are on both of those. It took me awhile to give em a shot because i didnt think they could be that much better than charvet or T&A.

they are.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Charvet and T&A...

If I had the money , it will be Charvet all the way..

12. AndyMG

AndyMG Senior member

I'm a big fan of Harvie and Hudson, although they've just stopped producing a couple of shirts that were on my 'to buy' list.

13. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

RLBL for me since they're slim enough to wear casually w/o a jacket. RLPL are great if wearing a suit but arms are a bit billowy for me. Material is a bit nicer than RLBL but not by much and the fit of RLBL is the deciding factor for me. Note, by the time I am buying either it's far enough along in the sale that the two are virtually the same price though RLPL tends to retail for around $100 more than RLBL.

14. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Latest off the Kiton runway
    [​IMG]

15. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Nah, DV is definitely more of a Brioni man; that "don't fuck with me pal" silhouette isn't more perfect for anyone else (and provides a nice balance for the width of the helmet; the Darth doesn't want to go around looking like one of those bubble-head anorexic chicks).