• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favourite Polo shirt?

qtdude

Reaction score
Love the new Lacoste. Not too long, smallish placket and smallish collar. Sky blue.

Fashion Savant

Reaction score
I love the aligator.

I haven't bought a lacoste polo in a year or so. My last one was made in Peru. The one before that France. Anyone just buy one? Where are they made now? I'm curious

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lacoste is ATF polo. I have 4 at the moment (2 purchased this weekend.) All made in peru.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a croc, isn't it? I won't hold it against you.

Rene owns.

Clench Million

Reaction score
Meh, a lot of RL polo love but I could do without them. Their logo is kind of annoying and ubiquitous and the colors are too pastel-preppy.

I normally wear original penguin polos.

Dranakin

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Brooks Brothers one? I was considering getting one...any word on the [comparable] quality?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How are Original Penguin polos? Ever since I saw Adam Brody sporting one on The O.C. since 03', I've always been interested in them. But I've held one at Urban Outfitters a couple of months ago and the construction was sub-par. Might have been just been UO though. I don't know.

Cut was brilliant though.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by khaki sack
I prefer Lacoste and LE polos.

For some time this ,polo short helped me (in addition to my natural charm and good looks) get laid on a regular basis:

http://www.polistas.co.uk/online-sho...products_id=52

blush.gif

That looks fun indeed! Have you ordered/bought that and- hows the size/fit- is it slim or rather generous...?

I myself like to try out new stuff always...recently I bought a polo by Henry Cotton- I liked the design...basically I prefer RL over Lacoste...

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own LeTigre, Lacoste, R&G, RLP mesh, RLP pima, Old Navy, vintage Hilfiger (crest), modern Hilfiger (flag), etc.

The RL mesh Polos are the only ones I trust. The pima ones pile after a few wears.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A close tie between my lime green and lavender Lacostes.

It's more like a rugby, but I really like the new Vineyard Vines long sleeve polo with the oxford cloth in the placket and cuffs. Just picked up one in navy.

mikes7298

Reaction score
Originally Posted by treegarden
I don't have any Polo polos, but I do have a couple of Lacoste and a couple from Paul Stuart. The PS polos cost less than the Lacoste and are made of much better, more substantial fabric. And you can get them with or without the PS logo.

How are the Paul Stuart polo's cut? I'm looking for a slimmer cut like Lacoste. I'd like to order a Paul Stuart if the cut is right - too many people wearing the croc now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads