• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your advice on measuring your body?

kneehowguys

Reaction score
Who/where and what measurements to take when going to the mall for the purpose of measuring body?

I am going to the mall Christmas time to measure my body to help me find good fitting clothes.

1. Who would be good to ask to measure my body? Alot of people sell clothes but I am looking for someone who will give me good numbers so when I buy online and will give me good numbers that a tailor could actually use

There are alot of measurements here:
http://www.tailorstore.com/measurement-profile/profile_m_b

What kind of store and person at a store would be willing to take these measurements for me? I'll buy something at their store, but me showing them the above website for how to measure me may make them uneasy because it is an online place to buy clothes- a competitor.

2. What are all the measurements of my body I should take aside from the ones described here? http://www.tailorstore.com/measurement-profile/profile_m_b

For shoes/ shirts/ etc

My plan
- eat a relatively large meal
- measure myself and record them in a column in a speadsheet
- get maybe two different sets of measurements at the mall
- compare mine to see how well I did, then I will average the ones taken by professionals

But who are the professionals at taking these kind of body measurements? Not a foot locker guy for things outside feet for athletic shoes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads