• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is wrong with this jacket on me?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I think the navy jacket is short in front but the rear might be the correct length.
Forgot to mention, sleeves are long on all of the jackets

So the second of my new jackets arrived and as luck would have it it's very similar in colour and texture to the first one I posted in this thread, that I've now decided to pass on.
I'd be interested in your opinion on whether it is a better fit? It feels so to me, but again looks to bulge slightly at the base - may just have to admit this is a flaw with my shape!
Also paying attention to the lapels, these ones do seem to sit better against my chest (see close up pic) so I am hoping I am getting closer with this one.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200726_142654~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20200726_142654~2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 20
  • MVIMG_20200726_142708~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20200726_142708~2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 175
  • MVIMG_20200726_142752.jpg
    MVIMG_20200726_142752.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 177

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I see some of the same issues as with the first jacket you posted. But I could be wrong in my assessment. I suggest you take it to a good alterations tailor for their opinion. You could also try posting here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...ck-and-alteration-suggestions.265924/page-591 and hopefully you will get some additional thoughts.
Ok , thanks!
What I like about this place is the honesty, though - I always get the feeling that an alterations tailor may not want tell me that something is unsalvageable, as they then lose my business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads