• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is wrong with this jacket on me?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I think the navy jacket is short in front but the rear might be the correct length.
Forgot to mention, sleeves are long on all of the jackets
So the second of my new jackets arrived and as luck would have it it's very similar in colour and texture to the first one I posted in this thread, that I've now decided to pass on.
I'd be interested in your opinion on whether it is a better fit? It feels so to me, but again looks to bulge slightly at the base - may just have to admit this is a flaw with my shape!
Also paying attention to the lapels, these ones do seem to sit better against my chest (see close up pic) so I am hoping I am getting closer with this one.

Attachments

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I see some of the same issues as with the first jacket you posted. But I could be wrong in my assessment. I suggest you take it to a good alterations tailor for their opinion. You could also try posting here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions.265924/page-591 and hopefully you will get some additional thoughts.
Ok , thanks!
What I like about this place is the honesty, though - I always get the feeling that an alterations tailor may not want tell me that something is unsalvageable, as they then lose my business.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.