• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is with the colon being so inefficient?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean, seriously. Maybe evolution will change it, but food needs to move from the small intestines upwards through the ascending colon across the transverse colon, down the descending colon, make a loop-d-loop around the sigmoid colon and through the rectum. This is horribly inefficient and it is no wonder why so many people have digestive issues and polyps. I wonder if I can have a doctor rearrange mine so that it just spirals downward. Makes so much more sense to me. Muscles won't get used as much to push the food through, however since it clears your body faster calories won't be absorbed as much. Win-win people, win-win. What am I missing here?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe to give more time for the body to absorb nutrients from the food passing through?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Come on people it also gives more time to absorb fat and garbage that makes us fat. More efficiency means we can eat more and not get as fat. Plus this is science, we have supplements for that. I want answers people.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Come on people it also gives more time to absorb fat and garbage that makes us fat. More efficiency means we can eat more and not get as fat. Plus this is science, we have supplements for that. I want answers people.

If you look at evolution, it seems most animals digestive systems are highly efficient. Meaning they get the most out of the food they eat compared to humans to protect against starvation. We poop out an alarming % of the food we intake because we eat too g-damn much...#topofthefoodchainproblems

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You just want the colon to absorb water, not the other **** that's in your **** - like bilirubin and other breakdown materials. The small intestine does the nutrient absorption work. Do NOT quote me on this!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
while we're at it, why does the liver have limits on alcohol intake?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You just want the colon to absorb water, not the other **** that's in your **** - like bilirubin and other breakdown materials. The small intestine does the nutrient absorption work. Do NOT quote me on this!

:devil:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're all going to be living in sexy robot bodies in a decade anyway so the colon will go the way of the appendix, and the rest of the body actually. We'll all subsist on a power source of solar power and Soylent Green.

This is the important query.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

We're all going to be living in sexy robot bodies in a decade anyway so the colon will go the way of the appendix, and the rest of the body actually. We'll all subsist on a power source of solar power and Soylent Green.
This is the important query.

Will we at least have ********? :confused:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't wait. Sex is too much effort. I have a feeling rapes are going to become a lot more frequent, however.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uhhh, isn't that why we get drunk? Isn't that a good thing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads