• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

    Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is UP with Netflix?

Chase Hamilton

Active Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
What is up with Netflix?


Two years ago, when I first joined, I got all my movies overnight.


Now, it takes sometimes as long as three days to receive the next movie in my queue.


Half of them show up unplayable, or the wrong title is in the sleeve.


Their customer service used to be good, now it sucks. Customer service blames everything on "The Post Office" and advises their customers to call them regarding shipping issues. Hey, I thought that was Netflix's job!

I voiced some of these concerns to a supervisor in their customer service call center and she hung up on me.


I can't understand how a service that was once so great is now so screwed up...



Kind Regards,


Chase
 

Shoe City Thinker

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
317
Reaction score
3
I've had to send back a DVD that was broken in half. Also I have movies in my queue that I have not received yet.
 

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
38,318
Reaction score
1,747
I have also noticed that shipping times have lengthened. There have been cases where I dropped off a movie on Monday morning and didn't get the new one 'till Thursday. That is just absurd.
 

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
6,219
Reaction score
698
Oldschoolers like me remember when you could tell them you put the DVD in the mail and they would send you your next DVD that instant based on your word. It got abused, so they had to revoke it.
 

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
13,321
Reaction score
20
If i drop something off monday, by the time it gets to their shipping zone and they process it it's wednesday. They send out a film the same day so i get it on thursday.

It has never changed for me. It's possible they have less distribution centers now, so the shipping takes a big longer. Maybe they closed some due to money problems/economy
 

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
22,650
Reaction score
7,932
if you order a lot of videos they shift your shipping distribution center away from your closest one. I think they've been sued over this.
 

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
3,976
Reaction score
28
Originally Posted by Chase Hamilton
What is up with Netflix?


Two years ago, when I first joined, I got all my movies overnight.


Now, it takes sometimes as long as three days to receive the next movie in my queue.


Half of them show up unplayable, or the wrong title is in the sleeve.


Their customer service used to be good, now it sucks. Customer service blames everything on "The Post Office" and advises their customers to call them regarding shipping issues. Hey, I thought that was Netflix's job!

I voiced some of these concerns to a supervisor in their customer service call center and she hung up on me.


I can't understand how a service that was once so great is now so screwed up...


Kind Regards,


Chase


They need a bailout...
 

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
8,043
Reaction score
99
My wife use Blockbusters online service. She also gets to exchange and rent movies in actual stores. She's very happy with the service. Maybe you guys neeed to change to Blockbuster.
 

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
13,321
Reaction score
20
Maybe blockbuster is better now. I did both 2 years ago and blockbuster was 2days slower, had a lot of waitlist for new releases, and much less older movie stock as well. I might switch now if they are better. The netflix watching movies right on the computer is nice though.
 

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
18,460
Reaction score
7,755
In the last year I have only had one unplayable DVD and one in the wrong sleeve. We average 3 per week. I am impressed by how fast we get new movies. In the mail Monday and a new one arrives Wednesday every time. I never go to Blockbuster anymore.
 

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
18,363
Reaction score
15
I usually get the movies I want to watch in about two hours. Plus, I get to keep them and watch them again whenever I want.
 

Chase Hamilton

Active Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I usually get the movies I want to watch in about two hours. Plus, I get to keep them and watch them again whenever I want.


Tokyo Slim, are you talking about the Netflix Watch on your PC system? How could you place movies in your queue and get them in the mail within two hours?



--Chase
 

Musselma

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Chase Hamilton
Tokyo Slim, are you talking about the Netflix Watch on your PC system? How could you place movies in your queue and get them in the mail within two hours?



--Chase


I don't think he was talking about getting them in the mail, or from blockbuster for that matter.
 

skidsm

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
our netflix delivery turnaround time has been two days for a while (mail it on Monday, new movie arrives on Wednesday). in the last six months, some are starting to take three days. i chalked it up to our post office, but maybe it is a systemic issue.
 

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

  • Suit, shirt, and tie

  • Suit and shirt, no tie

  • Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

  • Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

  • Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

  • Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)


Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
483,430
Messages
10,287,207
Members
216,237
Latest member
Twobucktin
Top