• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is uncool?

timmbbo

Reaction score
What do you think is uncool?

I don't mean this in terms of bad manners or being rude, such as failing to give a tip or cutting into line. Rather, I'm thinking of this in terms of social awkwardness, like picking your nose in public, an action where the person is just clueless to how people interpret the action. What's an example of something that someone who is uncool, a dweeb, or socially unexposed would do? Can you provide 2-3 instances or examples?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's most uncool, is an imitation of it. Someone trying to be what he isn't.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hippies

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When people frequently say:

dude
no, but seriously though
fuckin'
uhhh umm
absolutely!

Bad posture, trendy slang, exaggerated facial expressions, thinking you're cool because you never smile, thinking the volume of your voice is a great way to display your confidence, talking too quickly.

In high school there was a kid who use to gasp and swallow air when he ate. It took him a few weeks to figure out why people were calling him Darth.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Body odor and bad breath are the worst in my book. These are things that the offending person is rarely aware of and often require tactful hints on the part of others.
teacha.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Loudtalkers!!!!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Lisa: That song is so lame.
Homer: So lame that it's... cool?
Bart and Lisa: (dismissive) No.
Marge: Am I cool, kids?
Marge: Good. I'm glad. And that's what makes me cool, not caring, right?
Marge: (frustrated) Well, how the hell do you be cool? I feel like we've tried everything here.
Homer: Wait, Marge. Maybe if you're truly cool, you don't need to be told you're cool.
Bart: (puzzled, uncertain) Well, sure you do.
Lisa: (bewildered) How else would you know?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think anticool is uncool so is acting "cool"

Also I noticed your name is Timbo. you wouldnt happen to be making a refference to the Mega64 Timbo Video would you?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
hippies

prejudice
not replying to an invitation

chrysalid

Reaction score
^like pretty fuckin' cool dude uhh ummmm, no but seriously though absolutely.

the worst thing i personally know of anyone doing is the insistence of my mother to eat with her mouth open, this is coupled with her refusal to wash her hands before or during the preparation of food. i learnt to cook for myself from an early age and it was years before i was able to dine with other people present.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads