1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What is this suit fabric called?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VMan, May 2, 2004.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

Hey guys, I picked up this gorgeous Canali suit to re-sell on ebay. However, I cannot think of the name for the fabric. I'm thinking birdseye or nailhead, but I'm not positive. I know some of you guys know. Here it is: [​IMG]

2. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

i call that birdseye or nailhead, but i'm not an expert

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

Stu,

Thanks. Nice auctions by the way, I've been following yours for a few months now.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in a Canali suit or two, this is what I have going up on ebay tonight:

1. 42 short Canali suit, DB, black with deep purple pinstripes. Perhaps one of the most stunning and powerful fabrics I have ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. No wear whatsoever, fabric is very supple.

2. 42 short Canali suit, DB, in the fabric shown above (though it looks a bit different in person). Fabric is super soft and has an incredible natural shine. Great texture. No wear.

3. 42 short canali suit, navy blue with alternating thin gray pinstripes and black chalkstripes. Beautiful, once again in terrific condition.

4. 40 regular Canali jacket, DB, color is a blueish-gray. 50/50 silk/cashmere blend. The fabric is still extremely soft, no sheen whatsoever.

4. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

This could also be called a tick weave.

5. MPS

MPS Senior member

Pinhead.

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've always called that a nailhead.