1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is this suit fabric called?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VMan, May 2, 2004.

1. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Hey guys, I picked up this gorgeous Canali suit to re-sell on ebay. However, I cannot think of the name for the fabric. I'm thinking birdseye or nailhead, but I'm not positive. I know some of you guys know. Here it is: [​IMG]

2. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

i call that birdseye or nailhead, but i'm not an expert

3. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Stu,

Thanks. Nice auctions by the way, I've been following yours for a few months now.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in a Canali suit or two, this is what I have going up on ebay tonight:

1. 42 short Canali suit, DB, black with deep purple pinstripes. Perhaps one of the most stunning and powerful fabrics I have ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. No wear whatsoever, fabric is very supple.

2. 42 short Canali suit, DB, in the fabric shown above (though it looks a bit different in person). Fabric is super soft and has an incredible natural shine. Great texture. No wear.

3. 42 short canali suit, navy blue with alternating thin gray pinstripes and black chalkstripes. Beautiful, once again in terrific condition.

4. 40 regular Canali jacket, DB, color is a blueish-gray. 50/50 silk/cashmere blend. The fabric is still extremely soft, no sheen whatsoever.

4. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

This could also be called a tick weave.

5. MPS

MPS Senior Member

Pinhead.

6. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I've always called that a nailhead.