• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is this kind of underwear called/where can I find them?

helloolleh

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm getting dangerously low on underwear, so I figured I might as well get some ones I like.

I'm aiming for these ones similar to some I got a while ago at H&M. They are technically boxer briefs, I think, but kind of shorter than most of the things I see when I google "boxer briefs". I'd basically like to get more of them, but maybe with different patterns/colors.

So this is what I mean by too long:

51W0WMr6BrL._SX300_SY390_CR,0,0,300,390_.jpg

But I don't want them to be as short as regular briefs, like these:

Calvin_Klein_Body_Stretch_Hip_Briefs_Venus.jpg

These are about the perfect length:

boxer-briefs.jpg

Or these:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...QLYaw99vv7XfU=

Is there a name for this length?

Anyway, I just have a couple requirements. I absolutely don't want to wear something that has the name plastered across the elastic part. I really don't want any words on them, really. I also like it where the elastic part itself is inside a little fabric, so it's not directly on my skin.

The style I would really like as far as patterns is this, I'm not sure what it's called:

aa-briefs.jpg

4706688.jpg

Baby rib, I guess it's called. I would also like striped ones, but really only with horizontal, thicker stripes:

image1xl.jpg

I know I'm stupidly picky, but that's the way I am. Can anyone help a poor guy who needs underwear??

SuitMyself

Reaction score
You know what I think? I think you just like posting pics of guys' crotches.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
You know what I think? I think you just like posting pics of guys' crotches.

+1

and

look up zimmerli

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I call them Pat Rafter's "very comfy undies". Over here in Aussieland we have a brand called "Bonds" and they call them hipster trunks.

Uniqlo also has this type of underwear.

Got quite a few pairs of these myself and Pat Rafter speaketh the truth.

By the way I also think you just enjoy posting pics of men's 'trunks' :p

BlackShoes

Reaction score
I call that length trunks, also my choice for underwear.

helloolleh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yika
+1

and

look up zimmerli

Goddamnit, you have NO idea how many crotches I had to look at to find these pictures. God forbid my boss looks at my history, things would get awkward...

Thanks! I'll check all of these out.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by helloolleh
I'm aiming for these ones similar to some I got a while ago at H&M. They are technically boxer briefs, I think, but kind of shorter than most of the things I see when I google "boxer briefs". I'd basically like to get more of them, but maybe with different patterns/colors.
You found the perfect underwear at H&M. You post a bunch of pictures of other brands and criticize them as not being what you're looking for. Are you joking or completely marsupialed? Go back to H&M! It's not as though it's expensive.

SuitMyself

Reaction score

Goddamnit, you have NO idea how many crotches I had to look at to find these pictures.

I'm sure you enjoyed the search process.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
I'm sure you enjoyed the search process.

You actually mean to tell me there might be a gay somewhere round here?

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Hope this pic doesn't get me banned
laugh.gif

Re: What is this kind of underwear called/where can I find them?

bra_man.jpg

soxpats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
You found the perfect underwear at H&M. You post a bunch of pictures of other brands and criticize them as not being what you're looking for. Are you joking or completely marsupialed? Go back to H&M! It's not as though it's expensive.

No kidding. What an idiot. Also the ones that he shows that are right have the brand on them, why not just go to website and order them. He loves the crotches!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Goddamnit, you have NO idea how many crotches I had to look at to find these pictures.
And thanks for analyzing the appropriateness of "length" on each of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads