• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is this jacket on Cristiano Ronaldo!?

teamtoken

Reaction score
ok so im browsing through some cristiano ronaldo videos on youtube and come across one where this tv show is taking a browse through his house in england.

Anyhow i notice hes wearing this kick ass brown jacket that looks awesome, and im thinking damn where can i get me a nice jacket like that. if anyone knows it or knows something thats very similar please reply, would be heaps appreciated!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You might try posting this in the streetwear forum.

But, my usual footballer response for casual wear is Dolce&Gabbana. This jacket looks like it could easily be theirs as well, not to mention that Ronaldo is known for being a big D&G fan (half of the rest of his outfit in that segment is D&G as well). Other possibilities for something similar would be Valentino or Gianfranco Ferre.

Just a guess...

In any case, it looks (in the close-ups) like it has snakeskin or something on it. If you look as good as Ronaldo, you can wear somethign like that. Unfortunately, the other 99.9999999% of men can't without looking like a total asshole.

If it is D&G, you'd also be looking at $3000 or more for something like that. The regular leather jackets are around $2000, so something with an exotic skin would be exponentially more.

As far as something similar, it just depends on where you live. D&G and its aesthetic are really popular throughout Europe and Asia, so many one-offs will be available at virtually every price point up to (and surpassing) the D&G original. IN the US, though, it's a little more difficult to find, because that Euroluxe aesthetic doesn't tend to connote womanizing sports stars and playboys. Instead, nearly every gay man I know has some article of D&G hiding in his closet.

teamtoken

Reaction score
hey man thanks alot, just looked at some of D&G jacket range and its very similar! love your work! a few in particular look like the same one, however not in that certain fabric he has (like you said snakeskin or something) i presume it may be a very rare item if not custom made. will have a look at some of the others also

i wasnt expecting something as high as 3k, but shouldnt come as any surprise considering ronaldos take home pay every week.

im sure theres a similar looking piece out there thats not too harsh on the back pocket, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're welcome. But, just a hint, you might try posting any future searches/questions and such of this nature in the streetwear and denim forum. That's where generally these types of issues are discussed and my guess is it would get more reception/responses there.

In any case, keep in mind that D&G produces leather jackets every season and have been doing that for the past twenty years. So, there are literally hundreds of styles and so the odds of finding this exact one are probably rare... if even the jacket is Dolce&Gabbana. Nevertheless, their aesthetic does not change and so you could probably find one similar. But, even used, they will still run higher than most companies charge for a brand new one. The quality, however, is quite good. I believe they are (or were) made by Ruffo, and the leather quality is good, they use Riri and Lampo top-quality zippers, etc etc etc. In short, it's definitely not Wilson's.

Good luck in your hunt.

teamtoken

Reaction score
^ thanks again

is it possible that a moderator could move this topic to streetwear forum? thanks!

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
As far as something similar, it just depends on where you live. D&G and its aesthetic are really popular throughout Europe and Asia, so many one-offs will be available at virtually every price point up to (and surpassing) the D&G original. IN the US, though, it's a little more difficult to find, because that Euroluxe aesthetic doesn't tend to connote womanizing sports stars and playboys. Instead, nearly every gay man I know has some article of D&G hiding in his closet.

I like your writing. Really good stuff and interesting too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics