• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is this collar style called?

JrayB

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking to upgrade from this shirt I have owned for a while. I like the style but want to get something better quality. Does anyone know what this style is called and where I can find something like it of decent quality? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• quality.jpg
    quality.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 228

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
If you're serious about getting replies, button the thing up and take a decent picture(s). Then rework the text. What are you looking for, a lined collar, an obnoxious thing on the pocket that matches it, what? If you expect effort in the answers, put some into the question.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you're talking about the contrast material on the inside of the collar band, I'm not sure what that's called. It will be hard to find a better quality version of that, however. The detail is usually on lower-end shirts.

KotaB

Reaction score
Robert Graham makes pretty decent quality and a contrasting collar liner is sort of a signature of his. His shirts are more of the loud casual kind though.

Panama

Reaction score
Sorbino appear to be a relatively inexpensive European brand. There are lot's of European shirt brands which would be a step up.

Einhorn, Olymp, Seidensticker, Casa Moda/Venti, Van Laack/Hatico/Pure, Jacque Britt, Fynch Hatton, Brax, Eterna, Marvelis, Stenströms, Eton, Oscar of Sweden, Profuomo, and Giordano.

I have a few Stenströms and Oscar of Sweden shirts, which are made in Europe. Fynch Hatton are produced in Myanmar but are well made.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think we're a bit style agnostic on this side of the board. So at the risk of asserting my own preferences, I think it's a bad idea to buy a shirt with that detail. Can't think of an aesthetic where that will not look bad. Robert Graham shirts are really tacky.

Find a cohesive aesthetic you like -- classic tailored, workwear, Americana, etc. In the meantime, just get some plain blue oxford-cloth button-downs. Even if they're boring, they will result in much better outfits, and they will be something you can wear even as your style develops and changes in unexpected directions.

Panama

Reaction score
American brands other than RL are impossible to find in Europe.

JrayB

Reaction score
Sorbino appear to be a relatively inexpensive European brand. There are lot's of European shirt brands which would be a step up.

Einhorn, Olymp, Seidensticker, Casa Moda/Venti, Van Laack/Hatico/Pure, Jacque Britt, Fytch Hatton, Brax, Eterna, Marvelis, Stenströms, Eton, Oscar of Sweden, Profuomo, and Giordano.

I have a few Stenströms and Oscar of Sweden shirts, which are made in Europe. Fytch Hatton are produced in Myanmar but are well made.
Thank you I will check some of these out

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we're a bit style agnostic on this side of the board. So at the risk of asserting my own preferences, I think it's a bad idea to buy a shirt with that detail. Can't think of an aesthetic where that will not look bad. Robert Graham shirts are really tacky.

Find a cohesive aesthetic you like -- classic tailored, workwear, Americana, etc. In the meantime, just get some plain blue oxford-cloth button-downs. Even if they're boring, they will result in much better outfits, and they will be something you can wear even as your style develops and changes in unexpected directions.
Proper Cloth offers contrasting inner collar and cuff details on its MTM shirts—you can choose any fabric you want from their line, which admittedly can lead you down rabbit holes. I often order that feature for more casual shirts where I intend to turn up the cuffs over a sweater or even a sport jacket in the summer for outdoor activities. Frankly I don’t care much about the contrasting collar—I order it for the cuffs, but you get both.

Last edited:

BPL Esq

Reaction score
American brands other than RL are impossible to find in Europe.

I've never tried to have an American product shipped to me in Europe (where I don't live), but I've done the reverse many times. Is it hard to find American clothing online that can be delivered to Europe (seems unlikely these days), or does the added shipping expense make it prohibitively expensive (or at least an unattractive option)?

Panama

Reaction score
I've never tried to have an American product shipped to me in Europe (where I don't live), but I've done the reverse many times. Is it hard to find American clothing online that can be delivered to Europe (seems unlikely these days), or does the added shipping expense make it prohibitively expensive (or at least an unattractive option)?
The cost is astronomical, there are not many North American products that I want, but for example I like the Ledbury shirt range. The cost of shipping is far too high.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads