1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What is this, and where can I get one?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NostalgiaShmltz, Jul 1, 2012.

1. NostalgiaShmltz

NostalgiaShmltz Member

http://i.imgur.com/3MfMs.png?1

I think this is called a "Cravat", but I turned eBay upside down and couldn't find anything that even remotely resembled it. I only found ties, ties and more ties. Or is it that what I'm looking for is just a tie, but tied in a specific way?

Only asking here because I don't know where else to ask about clothing. Anyone know where I can buy one of these? I KNOW they exist, because I saw one at a convention I attended recently.

EDIT: Yeah, looking at some auctions on eBay, this appears to be just a tie, tucked into part of a shirt/suit...is that what I'm supposed to do, to get this appearance?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. WhiteTigerElite

WhiteTigerElite Member

3. NostalgiaShmltz

NostalgiaShmltz Member

Yeah, a lot of the eBay auctions had "Cravat ascot tie" and such in their descriptions. Looking further, it does appear to be a tie tucked into the white shirt part of a suit. Makes sense that I couldn't find one, then. :p

Now off to find a good suit, I guess. Do suits come with the white part, or is that a white dress shirt worn underneath? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I'm mostly clueless when it comes to fancy-shmancy clothing like this.

4. Calder

Calder Senior member

I didn't think I would get two uses out of this image in such a short space of time

[​IMG]

5. minervau

minervau Senior member

The white shirt is indeed a separate piece.

6. NostalgiaShmltz

NostalgiaShmltz Member

Quote:Ah, so I'll be getting a white collared dress shirt too.

7. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

There is a marketing opportunity here for a one-piece that has it all.

8. NostalgiaShmltz

NostalgiaShmltz Member

Ooh, really? Where? ....Is it expensive? I don't really need something super-fancy, just a standard grey (light-light purple would be better, tbh) suit and white dress shirt with a somewhat large collar.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the perfect suit in just the right color on eBay.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012