• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is The Worst Christmas Gift You Ever Received?

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Or Holiday Gift.

Please share your stories. Pictures add to the hilarity as usual. And with Xmas right around the corner....*Cue Jaws theme music*

I'll start. When I was about 11 or 12, I received a telephone. Not just any telephone but a build your own telephone. The casing was a cardboard box. Kid you not. What junk. In fact, here is the picture of said gift.

9780762400492.jpg

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IDS. This gift will remain with me forever.

Seriously though, I cant remember any Christmas gift that was so bad I can actually remember it.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Herpes. This gift will remain with me forever.

Fixed to be more tasteful
laugh.gif

Reaction score
3 years ago my one, and only brother, who is a district sales manager for Honda, gave me the worst gift in history. What I got was a $100 gas card, except he told me it only had $50 on it because they ran out of $50 cards so, he just put $50 on the $100 one. I thought ok this isn't so bad I travel all the time so it may be useful...

I go to use the damn thing for a $50 gas purchase, it doesn't work. Turns out it only had $46.79 or something left on it. What he did was to just give me a goddamn used gas card which he aka Honda uses to fill up company cars. So not only did he get it for free, he used it the day before then gave it to me on X-mas.

I will never forget that.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a few years ago one of my aunts gave me and my brother PURSES. Like cheap brown leather women's purses you would find at Ross Dress for Less...and tried to pass them off as man purses and explained that it was the style in Asia and Europe.

I was expecting it was a joke and they hit like a C-note in there...no. She really thought we would use them.
foo.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ex gave me a women's jewelry box and refused to admit that all those little holes in it were for pierced ear rings.
biggrin.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, she gave me and my brother Perry Ellis belts that were at least 6 sizes too big this year and said that was the style. WTF.

I don't know if that was a christmas present...just really confusing.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
when I was about 9 or 10, my baptismal godparents gave me one of those japanese anime robot figurines. when I excitedly opened the box, the styrobox inside was partly destroyed, the "metal" plastic parts of the robot was bluish instead of metallic, and some parts were missing... a few months later I was in their house, and I saw that same damn toy in their kid's room- all pristine and complete. what assholes!!1!!!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
year after that, they gave me maybe 4, 5 crates of eggs from their farm for christmas.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my uncles would send me 'money holder' cards with no money in them when I was a kid. He thought it was a riot. I'll order some Macallan 30 on his tap when I go to visit him ....and leave no money with the bill.
devil.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
a few years ago my father got a little drunk and bought everybody iPods a few days before Christmas for no apparent reason. My mother got pissed at his benevolence, took them away from us, and then proceeded to give them back to us as Christmas gifts a few days later. Not a "worst" gift necessarily, but it was weird.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For years my grandparents would give all their grandchildren a brown plastic bag with clothes they had found at thrift stores. They would make us try everything on for them, and we would have to pretend to be excited about it
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads