• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the world coming to? I'm dressing my girlfriend!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, after getting the shopping bug out of my system for my own wardrobe I enjoyed a financially prosperous half a year until just recently I decided that my gf's wardrobe lacks in grandeur (or, rather, lacks in general). This month I've limited myself to buying her 2 skirts and 2 dresses, both on sale and relatively inexpensive. However, I'm really starting to like this new direction, I've even been reading through some girls' fashion blogs and actively browsing the internet for inspiration. I like to think that I dress relatively well for a man and my friends from both sexes often ask me for advice. However, I admit to knowing very little about women's clothing. Just to clear things up, I'm spending my own money on this, but my gf trusts me completely and will wear almost anything I buy for her granted it fits. Do you think I'll be able to succeed in this endeavor? Am I crazy for doing this? Also, any hints, tips, good retail websites, blogs and other helpful resources are welcome.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of me wants to laugh at this so hard; another part wants to say you are a good boyfriend and man.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
if this includes underwear you're good... if it doesn't I suggest gay sex.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It all started with lingerie.

kaws N effect

Reaction score
This is unnatural, but I commend you for being a good boyfriend. If you have a good taste for fashion in general, I have no doubt you'll succeed in "dressing your girlfriend".

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the best source of information you have found so far? I may be in your situation one day.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But does she put out regularly?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If she has ****** style and will follow direction, I'd like to dress my girl. Otherwise I prefer to be surprised by what she decides to wear - as long as it's situation appropriate.

Last edited:

Star

Reaction score
like men, few women know how to dress. Either they dont care or they dont known any better.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Obviously, all of this is to want to undress her more and in different ways afterwards.

Buy her fake **** or a tummy tuck..

Better than any dress or shoes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buy her fake **** or a tummy tuck..
Better than any dress or shoes.

She surely doesn't need any of that.

like men, few women know how to dress. Either they dont care or they dont known any better.

I've noticed this to be true. I also noticed that I apply my own ideas on how to dress properly to women's clothing; I'm not sure it's correct.

If she has ****** style and will follow direction, I'd like to dress my girl. Otherwise I prefer to be surprised by what she decides to wear - as long as it's situation appropriate.

She has good taste, just no means of acquiring new clothes. I could give her money an send her shopping, but the point is that I actually want to do it myself. It is lots of fun to explore this new territory.

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If she's cool with it I see no problem.

But whenever I go shopping with my gf I realize how different male and female wardrobes are. In male clothing (excluding high fashion) there is no piece of clothing that doesn't have a specific name and definition. It's either a t-shirt, a henley or a dress shirt. In women's clothing there are myriads of kinds of tops.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the best source of information you have found so far? I may be in your situation one day.

I got her a couple of dresses from asos.com. They fit most excellently and the construction isn't too bad for the price. The styles are great!
threedifferent.com and yoox.com have some good sales, I suppose. I have little information so far.
http://chriselleinc.com/blog/ is an interesting blog. I don't always like what she wears, but she has some nice fits.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads