• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is the right number of shoes for a well dressed man?

paxonus

Reaction score
I have a few pairs from Margiela, Kapital, and Lucchese, but realistically only ever really wear a black pair from Margiela and a brown pair from Kapital. Currently having Nicholas Templeman make me a black pair so I can replace the Margielas. This was the first pair, but they were a bit too sleek and narrow, so now they're being remade.

View attachment 1336712

If they turn out well, I'll probably order a brown pair as well.

FWIW, I don't think of them as being an essential shoe or anything. I find that, after having all these shoes and options, I just find I keep going back to the same ones that happen to work for me. I like side zips with my casualwear, but I wouldn't wear it with CM stuff.

Some of the proposed lists of shoes in this thread seem very logical and sensible to me -- have two pairs of oxfords shoes, two pairs of summer loafers, two pairs of winter boots, etc. But I think most guys just settle on something that's right for them and aren't so formulaic.
The Templeman is nice, but I agree with you on the shape. Then again, I'm 63 and can't pull off something too sleek without looking like I'm trying to fool everyone.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 79 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 151 32.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 135 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 52 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%