• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what is the most you pay for t shirts?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious how much you guys spend on designer tees?

I typically spend 10-25 on t shirts with graphics/designs I like.
Though on occasion I have spent 30-40 on a t shirt if i really like the design or fabric....

40 is about my limit on t shirts though, it just seems silly to spend anymore than that.

how about you?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$0, I gets my shirts for free. That's the best part about being affiliated with a streetwear label with BIG ties to well-known companies. I think some of the prices for "designer" tees are ridiculous, especially knowing how much they actually cost to produce, I don't think I would ever spend more than $20 if I had too...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$20, maybe $25 but not likely.

Septavius

Reaction score
Usually less than $20. Up to $25 if I really want it.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
generally the ones i buy are 25-30$

if i saw one that i liked, it would have to be pretty ridiculously high for me not to buy it. the most i have payed is 85 though.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick Owens and LUC tees etc may not cost quite as much to produce as a sweater or jacket, but the asymmetrical seams, lush material and cut and sew details do for me, justify the hefty tag.

(Not that I'm dropping $400 for a long sleeve t-shirt)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most expensive ones are my Burberry slim fits ($85)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm cheap when it comes to tshirts

in my manifesto, spending over $30 for a Tshirt is like buying a $5 cupcake......the quality and care might be there to justify the price but in the end unsatisfying and not money well spent

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm cheap when it comes to tshirts

in my manifesto, spending over $30 for a Tshirt is like buying a $5 cupcake......the quality and care might be there to justify the price but in the end unsatisfying and not money well spent

that's exactly how i feel about t-shirts. sure it can be made of bamboo or organic cotton and stitched by the most skilled hands, but in the end it's still just a t-shirt...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Can't you say that about anything though?

I get a lot of wear out of tshirts personally, so to me, it's worth spending money on something that fits perfectly, is soft, and has a nice color/design.

I really really like this bson one i got for $20 from i think johnny law here. Fits better than any tshirt i've owned, and is ridiculously soft. So so nice 50% supima cotton 50% modal made in san fransisco in this amazing night blue color.

I like graphic tshirts too and would drop some cash on interesting ones should i find them. I like some of the vibskov, raf simons, drkshdw, and others i've seen.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 235 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40