• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is the lowest cost source for Vitra, Herman Miller, Eames furniture in the UK?

020-banker

Reaction score

After years of deliberation I've decided to take the plunge - to buy an authentic Eames RAR and 670/671 in London, UK.

If I was a little more decisive, I could have purchased in the US and had it shipped here. US prices are about $500 for a RAR and $4000 for 670/671 combo.

In the UK, the RAR is GBP365 everywhere, and the 670/671 is about GBP4000 from Vitra. At a 1.60 exchange rate it'll make your eyes water.

I know some on the forum have purchased these items for real, either brand new or from a reputable used source. What do you recommend?

020-banker

Reaction score
Surely someone has purchased the real deal. Where from? And how was your experience?

I understand interior designers can buy direct from Vitra. Has anyone used this route?

turboman808

Reaction score
Ebay is your best source.

I just don't get the fascination with mid century furniture. I have a chance to buy some about once a month. Maybe I should start picking it up to sell to you guys on the forum.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i cant beleive how cheap this stuff is in the US

020-banker

Reaction score
Assistance, SVP? Someone must have a Euro source, or a US source that is economical with shipping.

speedfreak

Reaction score
Cairo (www.cairo.de) is a pretty cheap retailer/online store in Germany, if that's any help to you. They are also celebrating their 15th Anniversary right now and offer some Vitra stuff at a discount (approx. 10% less).

I, however, don't know whether they ship their stuff to the UK. You might want to check this out.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.