• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is the De Facto SF "Look"?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gay_club_clothing_choice_tshirt-p235572047504821557qm73_400.jpg

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark, grainy cell-phone shot of self through dirty bathroom mirror while standing on toilet seat with fuzzy cover.

No pic included, since you can't make out the clothes anyway.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
Wow, I had no idea Moo was religious.

Looks more like Fuuma in a more innocent time of his life.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... or maybe this is AAAC Bespoke ... I forget.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
duplicate post ... again! At this rate ... my post count will catch-up to that of the big boys before I know it.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
... or maybe this is AAAC Bespoke ... I forget.

Whatever the S.F cognoscenti deems to be flavour of the month.

Are you a fan of Quentin, his style that is?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Are you a fan of Quentin, his style that is?
I like the fact that he developed a truly unique style ... and stood up for himself. I recall seeing him a number of times in New York ... he had immense presence.

I am a fan of that particular photo for a particular reason, however ... apart from the hair color ... he reminds me of my grandmother. Also looks a bit like Sebastian Horsley's mother.

Side Note: Sebastian's mother and my grandmother are not one and the same.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I like the fact that he developed a truly unique style ... and stood up for himself. I recall seeing him a number of times in New York ... he had immense presence.

I am a fan of that particular photo for a parcicular reason, however ... apart from the hair color ... he reminds me of my grandmother. Also looks a bit like Sebastian Horsley's mother.

Yes, he was something of a modern day Oscar Wilde, with his quips, aphorisms and quiet dignity.

Originally Posted by RSS
Side Note: Sebastian's mother and my grandmother are not one and the same.

Ah, Horsley. I suspect he was the Anderson/Huntsman customer with the 'unusual' pocket request.

I suspect though, that Crisp wouldn't have been a fan of Horsley, he would have seen through him.

Crisp is an interesting fellow, he did as you say, cultivate a style very much his own. Very authentic.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, Horsley. I suspect he was the Anderson/Huntsman customer with the 'unusual' pocket request.
Richard (Anderson) made his red sequin number ... and I know of the pockets and their use.

I suspect though, that Crisp wouldn't have been a fan of Horsley, he would have seen through him.
I agree ... although I understand they did meet ... oddly enough in New York. As for Horsley's mother ... I find her to be a dignified looking women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads