• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is The Best Face Wash for Men?

stormin10

Reaction score
I have tried Zirh, Malin and Goetz and a few other but the one I have found the most success with is Kiehls Facial fuel line of products, and I primarily use the face wash on a regular basis and once or twice a week use the scrub. I have oily skin that is pretty sensitive and I have found no issues with the combination.

bye

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Lumene Daily Face Wash?

Tommy Trolley

Reaction score
this thread has had fits and starts. aside from the soap and water advocates who think skincare for men is a waste of time and money, here's how I've sampled several products:

Wherever you spend your money on products, assuming it's not Wal-mart or a big box, chat up the sales clerks, and become familiar with them and let them see your interest and they will throw in free samples every time you drop in... I stop into Merz Apothecary in Chicago at the Palmer House about once a month to get a few necessities like double-edged blades, tea-tree chewing sticks, soap, and after spending about $15-20 bucks and 15-20 minutes making small talk, the kindly girls will toss in several small trial packets because they know I will be back soon. I've tried almost every Jack Black product, and many others which go for $28-36 bucks a tube.

Most of these high priced products are aware that guys are a hard sell with skincare, so they package the samplers and the merchants build goodwill and reward regular customers this way.

Best thing I've gotten was the jojobu (spelling?) scrub and will dive in for the big purchase next time.

MegaOwn3

Reaction score
Found some really handy information about the castor oil and the argan oil. It seems that they are naturally good cleansers which exfoliates deeply. Anyone care to comment on their efficacy?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't really use "soap" on my face. i just shampoo my beard a use a loofah to get off the dry skin.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found some really handy information about the castor oil and the argan oil. It seems that they are naturally good cleansers which exfoliates deeply. Anyone care to comment on their efficacy?

I must say castor oil is the best face washing technique I've used. Should be done with a drop of jojoba or evoo. It balanced the skin perfectly no matter the skin type. Just try it at night so it can dry by morning if it's not wiped off all the way. Rub in the oil, and steam with a hot cloth for a minute or two, then wipe off the oil with a dry towel. By morning, whether or not the skin is normally too oily or too dry, it should be balanced. It makes the skin soft and very healthy looking. Unfortunately, I dropped the "oil cleansing method" because my face skin gets irritated days later so I can only cleanse with distilled water.

You can also try urine. The naturally occurring urea is said to balance skin pH and softens, moisturizes and is also astringent-like. Urea is used for various skin conditions, though marketed in an artificial form.

Last edited:

TheShoeMaker

Reaction score
You dont use a scrub on a daily basis, maybe two times a week tops. Then you can wash your face with soap or body wash and then apply a moisturizer afterwards.
And I dont recommend using moisturizer everyday either if you dont have super dry skin. I scrub once a week and use moisturizer about 5 times a week and its working great for me.

Kiehl - Facial Fuel
Recipe for Men - Facial Moisturizer+
Recipe for Men - Facial cleanser
Bulldog - scrub, wash and fuel

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thread but the "best" face wash (and hopefully you're using a moisturizer) is the one that works best with your particular skin. If your skin is oily you'd want to use a different product than if your skin was dry or has a slight redness to it. Your skin type should be your first concern, not the name on the bottle.

Edit: Oops. I just realized how old this thread is.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've used for years Vanicream bars - they're cheap, very easy on my skin (which dries out very easily), and ubiquitous here in the U.S. I use Jack Black scrub once or twice a week.

sncyws12

Reaction score
I have been using a product called Kiehl's for men both the face wash and moisturizer, twice daily, morning and night. It really drys, smooths and cleans your face way better than proactive, neutrogena etc. Plus the minty aroma keeps your face feeling refreshed! There are a lot of awesome reviews on this product. Amazon has it for a decent price! http://********/2oJfx91 and you should get it in combination with the moisturizer here is the link for that http://********/2nYmvXP

Once you get this product you won't want to buy any other cleanser anymore!!

Check out this 5 star review!

Reaction score
CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser is a fantastic choice and highly rated across several channels. It is not terribly expensive, is available at most drug-stores, and contains hyaluronic acid to retain moisture and salycilic acid to combat acne flair ups. Just make sure to follow up with a quality moisturizer containing SPF during the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads