1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best cotton available for Men shirt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by u4412987, Nov 8, 2009.

1. u4412987

u4412987 Well-Known Member

I have been buying lots of fabrics from many different suppliers. Some cost 30usd per yard, some only 4usd per yard, and some 50usd.

They all just said they were 100% cotton.

So far, I have been buying a lot of shirts from designer labels. Some have good quality fabrics, while some are amazingly overpriced.

I am guessing that sea island cotton is one of the best, and also superior to Egyptian cotton.

But where exactly to buy them, and what brands are using?

At the moment, I am working in this textile field and found many things to be very similar in quality, but big gap in pricing.

2. Corniche

Corniche Senior member

I have been buying lots of fabrics from many different suppliers. Some cost 30usd per yard, some only 4usd per yard, and some 50usd.

They all just said they were 100% cotton.

So far, I have been buying a lot of shirts from designer labels. Some have good quality fabrics, while some are amazingly overpriced.

I am guessing that sea island cotton is one of the best, and also superior to Egyptian cotton.

But where exactly to buy them, and what brands are using?

At the moment, I am working in this textile field and found many things to be very similar in quality, but big gap in pricing.

I´ve been told those two taht you mention as the best.

But personally I like Swiss popeline and some italian triple rittorto as more of my taste.

3. u4412987

Are they thick or thin cotton? with pattern or just plain.

4. Corniche

Corniche Senior member

Are they thick or thin cotton? with pattern or just plain.

I guess both, I I have seen those two fabrics mainly with stripes but also plain. I guess it doesn´t matter.

The cotton was thin and easy to iron. And a very very elegant posse.

5. u4412987

I guess both, I I have seen those two fabrics mainly with stripes but also plain. I guess it doesn´t matter.

The cotton was thin and easy to iron. And a very very elegant posse.

Great, I will find them and play around with them.

Thanks