• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the average salary on StyleForum? The results are in!

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

• Median income was $60k
  • The most common salary was $40k
  • The bottom quartile earns under $40k
  • Only 20% made over 100k
  • Only 2% made over $1mm a year.

If anyone wants to run their own analytics with my data, click here
Feel free to share your own interpretations and charts.

Disclaimer: This informal survey was done with the approval of LA Guy. If you want to tell me the results are flawed, don't bother. This is self-reported voluntary data. It may not represent a proper random sample of posters. It is for entertainment purposes for those who participated. I was able to retain about 50 verified responses out of about 130. All entries that did not tie back to an authentic SF poster were automatically weeded out via my "report and bump" method. There is no way to know if a verified poster chose to lie in an anonymous voluntary survey. There is a perception that SF posters own helicopters and castles. The results strongly suggest otherwise. Thanks to all those who participated.

Last edited:

Thrifter

Reaction score
In before 10000 replies about how this study was flawed.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was this gross or net salary? Anyway, does not tell you anything if not adjusted for local cost of living.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people that earn 40k/yr even access the internet? Public library? Apple store?

upthewazzu

Reaction score
Was this gross or net salary? Anyway, does not tell you anything if not adjusted for local cost of living.

This would be most interesting. $40k where I live is a good living, quite a bit different than California or New York.

blocky

Reaction score
LOL. Study based on 48 replies?

Interesting, however.
Isn't there some statistical theorem that says something about a minimum sample size of 30 being sufficient for statistically meaningful results? That being said, it's obviously not as good as 480 or 4800 replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"There is a perception that SF posters own helicopters and castles"

i never had that perception. i dont know if the survey is worth anything, but it basically says that SF as an aggregate is pretty much average like the rest of the universe. where is the surprise?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't the survey conducted in DT? I feel like that might skew things.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"There is a perception that SF posters own helicopters and castles"

i never had that perception. i dont know if the survey is worth anything, but it basically says that SF as an aggregate is pretty much average like the rest of the universe. where is the surprise?

Not surprisingly, the people with the most money buy the most stuff and (generally) know the most about the high end of clothing. Figures that they'd be the most prominent figures on the forum.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wasn't the survey conducted in DT? I feel like that might skew things.

the greatest truths and wisdoms on SF, are found in DT.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not surprisingly, the people with the most money buy the most stuff and (generally) know the most about the high end of clothing. Figures that they'd be the most prominent figures on the forum.

a solid point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads