• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the AE Bayfield Boot?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it a work boot like Red Wings or a dress boot?
What the hell do you pair them with?

Hans

Reaction score
Dress boot for bad weather. Wear it like any derby shoe.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
there have been about 10 requests for real life pics, no one came thru yet. Hopefully soon.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
looks great with jeans, button down, and a shawl collar cardigan. Perfect to wear in the winter instead of loafers.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hans
Dress boot for bad weather. Wear it like any derby shoe.

Exactly. I am placing an order this Friday.

If sales are good there is still hope AE may come through with a Balmoral Boot.

Hans

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Exactly. I am placing an order this Friday.

If sales are good there is still hope AE may come through with a Balmoral Boot.

I ordered a black pair two days ago from the AE website. Expected delivery: 4-5 weeks.

If they ever decide to make the Balmoral boot, I would definitely get that one as well.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hans
I ordered a black pair two days ago from the AE website. Expected delivery: 4-5 weeks.

If they ever decide to make the Balmoral boot, I would definitely get that one as well.

Four to five weeks? Do they make these to order?

Hans

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Four to five weeks? Do they make these to order?

I don't know, but when I ordered a pair of Grenson boots from the UK last year, it took as long.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the AE store in DC last weekend I saw the one they had on display. Was told that they only received a few pair. Forgot to snap a photo.

I have a similar boot on order from a local MTM outfit (since the Bayfield isn't made in my size). I expect to use it with a tweed jacket and trousers of cotton twill, corduroy, or denim.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand the conundrum people throw themselves into when trying to figure out how to 'pair' clothing with a good old dress boot. IMO, unless you're tucking your trousers/pants into your boots, you pair dress boots with the same articles of clothing you would with dress shoes. The combination of clothing should determine if you wear the boot or not, not the type.

Those boots, BTW, look fantastic. Man, I love boots.

bc78

Reaction score
Sorry for the picture quality, haven't done this before and was in a hurry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads