1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What is Korean Style to you?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sho'nuff, Dec 28, 2010.

1. timotune

timotune Senior member

I remember seeing a better, yet similar, version of this somewhere:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Holy shit! Must be a shock waking up to a such a de-maked-up monster in the morning!

2. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Holy shit! Must be a shock waking up to a such a de-made-up monster in the morning!
    If you search around, there is a much worse one! She is, like, 58 and looks like a 21-year-old! [​IMG]

3. entrero

entrero Senior member

Make-up is just the tip of the iceberg, don't forget massive surgeries, sometimes a lil shoop does wonders too.

4. JapanAlex01

Lol, fuck is 'shoop'? [​IMG]

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Lol, fuck is 'shoop'? [​IMG]

photoshop

6. JapanAlex01

Photoshop.
    Ah, thanks!

7. blahman

blahman Senior member

The thing is, there are women who are extremely hot, who can be a stunner straight out of bed without any make up at all. And there are women who are extremely fugs that no amount of makeup will make them any less fugs. And then there are women (re: 95%) between those extremes who can shift from their position on the hot scale by heaps depending on their makeup know-how.

Moral of the story? Just don't go for them fugs.

8. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

My photos is just from the South Korea. I've never been in North, unfortunately. (I've seen enough Communism in country where I was born :)) But I really love the South Korea. Just awesome country and very nice people.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. comrade

comrade Senior member

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Just searched them, disappointing after see the picture you posted.:embar:

11. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

what is korean style to me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it is still evolving and getting refined as i learn from styleforum and elsewhere

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  12. chogall

chogall Senior member

Hell, their language structures are almost carbon copies of each other with heavy Chinese influences outside of grammar.

Japanese style is at least a century ahead of Korea as the Korean culture was never fully independent (and never had the means) until recent decades; they have came a long way though and now excel in manufacturing pop stars. Appearance right now is very deceiving as plastic surgery and photoshop are so widely deployed in Korea and now rest of East Asia.

In terms of CBD, Korean loves ill fitting cheap and baggy suits and the Japanese loves slim fitting clothing and usually look miles ahead of their East Asian counterparts..

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

some boring factoids

the language structures are "almost carbon copies" because they are part of the ural-altaic language family
    languages in turkey and uzbekistan and neighboring areas have the same grammar structure as korean and japanese
    which tends to show that people migrated in a certain pattern and direction over asia
    and the chinese written characters were borrowed by both korea and japan since they did not have their own ... similar to how the greek alphabet was borrowed and incorporated into the latin based languages
    korea developed its own written language system in the 1400's
    japanese uses 2 sets of "alphabet" system ... hiragana and katakana... both of which were derived from simplified chinese written language

14. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

For what it's worth, Korea did have the world's first metal movable type printing.