1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What is Korean Style to you?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sho'nuff, Dec 28, 2010.

1. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

I was in Seoul a couple of weeks ago. Lots of black suits, many of them shiny.

yup. Then again, the "rules" were written by white dudes. Korean dudes wear black a bit better than we do.

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Honestly I think black suits look fine on most Asian people due to their complexion and hair color.

The problem comes with their choices of accessories... would be better if Korean people did it like Japanese business men did instead of opting for sparkly ties and weird shirts.

3. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I'm not against black suits, but shiny ones are a bit odd.

4. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Honestly I think black suits look fine on most Asian people due to their complexion and hair color.

The problem comes with their choices of accessories... would be better if Korean people did it like Japanese business men did instead of opting for sparkly ties and weird shirts.

You don't like pink nylon ties with rhinestones and attached chromed plastic (and more rhinestones) tie bar?

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I'm not against black suits, but shiny ones are a bit odd.

Hey a guy in Hong Kong thinks that shiny suits are a bit odd. There is hope yet, we just have to spread that message to the mainland. [​IMG]

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I don't understand why korean people want to look that pale. Looks like a corpse to me. Koreans look better with a little color to em anyway in my opinion.
    It happens in China as well, especially young men and women. Trying to look as pale as possible and keeping out of the sun completely. I think they see pale skin as a beauty thing. I know when they see my pasty lilly white skin they think it's beautiful. :O

7. Miha28

Miha28 Active Member

I've noticed here that polyester makes the world go round

8. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Seen a sheep in Korea? I'm not sure, but I'd bet there's some protections on the local textile market (which is largely synthetic).

9. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I'm quite sure 'polyester makes the world go round' everywhere. Probably only some denizens of SF and over at "Ask Andy About Clothes" which tend to avoid it, if possible.
    Seen a sheep in Korea? I'm not sure, but I'd bet there's some protections on the local textile market (which is largely synthetic).
    Don't they eat lamb or mutton in Korea?

10. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Don't they eat lamb or mutton in Korea?

In a middle eastern restaurant in Itaewon if they can get it at a reasonable rate. Otherwise it's unheard of.

11. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Korean style is all black and grey with repetitive haircuts.

12. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

You're just seeing young guys. Older guys might have one 3 different kinds of tweed.

In any case, I don't wanna sound like I'm hating too hard. The average Korean is dressed better than the average American in my opinion.

13. timotune

timotune Senior member

You're just seeing young guys. Older guys might have one 3 different kinds of tweed.

In any case, I don't wanna sound like I'm hating too hard. The average Korean is dressed better than the average American in my opinion.

Yes. I am in Seoul quite often and the style of the young people is better than in most other countries. Korean girls are the most beautiful, also.

14. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

In a middle eastern restaurant in Itaewon if they can get it at a reasonable rate. Otherwise it's unheard of.

I make lamb curry for myself fairly often. Cheap too! But it definitely isn't produced domestically.

Samsung makes ok fabric. Their best stuff isn't horrible, but it's fairly boring.

15. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

Korean girls are the most beautiful, also.

They are indeed beautiful. However, I would like to add an asterisk to your comment: 90% of the beautiful Korean girls have gone through plastic surgeries at least once.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

[​IMG]
    That's much better...[​IMG]

Oh man... I hate to be the one to tell you but... She's a he.

17. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Yes.
    I am in Seoul quite often and the style of the young people is better than in most other countries. Korean girls are the most beautiful, also.

Both of these are so true. Never understood the hype over Japanese girls, the average Korean woman is so much prettier, it's ridiculous.

18. Ngredient

Ngredient Well-Known Member

Both of these are so true. Never understood the hype over Japanese girls, the average Korean woman is so much prettier, it's ridiculous.

Aw come on now - all girls of all different races are beautiful

19. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

I know you can get Lamb in non Middle Eastern places in other places around Seoul.

20. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

Where are these people you are meeting?

There is old-fashioned Korea and then there is New Korea. Korean style for the "New" generation will blow most people away. Plus, like the Japanese with their own Street Wear Style, Korean Style suits Koreans only.

Girls are probably the most sensationally dressed on this planet.