• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is Korean Style to you?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
North Korea 2011 swimsuit edition:

North-Korean-leader-Kim-Jong-Il.jpg

I laughed out loud at this.

I'm still laughing out loud at it.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
pa.66355.1.jpg

*#..

Reaction score
Dressing like one of those highly effeminate k-pop artists.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
dubbapost

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Street style: Fake Y-3 + addidas, sweatshirt, thick black rimmed glasses, unkempt hair from rolling out of bed.

"Dressy" style: Go in to Dong Dae Mun, look at any mannequin in APM or Doota. Tight button-up shirt, skinny khaki pants, pointy brown plastic shoes with fake wrinkles in the toebox. In Winter, add a cheap black trenchcoat on top. Hair waxed/gelled heavily. All wish they looked like
Gong+Yoo+1.gif
:

Bam.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
you guys forgot plastic surgery

nip-tuck.jpg

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
he passed away recently. i thought he was cool and visionary in some works

I don't much about his work in total.

But what I saw of his menswear was just awful. For example, a suit of his would be just a regular looking suit, not even a nice one at that, and in order to 'spice' or 'style' it up he just made one half white and the other half black. This was like 2006.

In fact, that suit for me sort of defined his persona in relation to Koreans in general it always seemed. I never met a Korean that ever thought AK himself looked good, and yet it was precisely because he came off so strange in appearance that defined him as a great designer. Sort of like, "well, great artists are eccentric, therefore Andre must be a great artist because he's really eccentric". And there was never any shortage of lauding AK as one of the greatest in the world.

I did once see the interior of his home (on TV), and just like his clothes the man loved white, EVERYTHING was white.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i notice this about asian males: not all of them can grow a full beard, but the ones that could, always end up looking very alpha. more alpha than any other race with a full beard.

Advent

Reaction score
eating kimchi with an Hermes fork.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
See, isn't racism great? We can reduce an entire nation several arch-types!

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really style shots but an excuse to bust out some of my North Korea photos... Some "Everyday WAYWN shots" in Pyongyang and the surrounds!
nk1.jpg
nk2.jpg
nk3.jpg
nk4.jpg
nk5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads