• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is Jantzen's Current Turnaround Time?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My cousing just graduated undergrad and would like to give Jantzen a whirl for work shirts.

What would you say is the more typical turnaround time with Jantzen (apologize for asking, as I know this has been discussed in mind-numbing detail elsewhere - I just don't feel like paging through 10,000 posts)?

Thanks,
ET

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I order a few months ago, and it only took me roughly 4 weeks to get the shirt. But it always a dice roll when you order from Jantzen, ie wrong fabric or not instock, or delayed shipping. Why not try Moderntailor or CEGO? I think Carl basic shirts will run your cousin around $75ish.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks Warren. He's based in SF so none of the NY guys are an option.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
My cousing just graduated undergrad and would like to give Jantzen a whirl for work shirts.

What would you say is the more typical turnaround time with Jantzen (apologize for asking, as I know this has been discussed in mind-numbing detail elsewhere - I just don't feel like paging through 10,000 posts)?

Thanks,
ET

Honestly, 1-6 months, depending on nothing. There isn't really any consistency to it.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
Honestly, 1-6 months, depending on nothing. There isn't really any consistency to it.

This is correct; when he does come through, it can be good value for money. But if you need it by a certain deadline, you may want to look elsewhere.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
I think the forum consensus was that Modern Tailor has eclipsed Jantzen.

I am not sure there is such overall consensus, but there certainly is when it comes to (responsiveness of) customer service.

Friedrich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley

My last order developed as follows:

Order placed: October 27
E-Mail confirmation: December 7
Package recieved: December 29

Don't know if this will encourage your cousin...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell him to forget Jantzen altogether and go for cottonwork. Good product, great customer service and prices.

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Tell him to forget Jantzen altogether and go for cottonwork. Good product, great customer service and prices.

+1

sellahi22

Reaction score
Consider MyTailor. They're like the WW Chan of shirts in the sense that they've dealt with enough OCD iGents that they really "get" how to create SF-approved shirts (collar, buttons, hand stitched shoulders, high armholes, overall workmanship quality, etc). Also their prices on Thomas Mason/DJA fabrics are unprecedented in the custom shirt industry.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
I think the forum consensus among those who favor Modern Tailor was that Modern Tailor has eclipsed Jantzen.

FYFY

jdldore

Reaction score
+1 on Mytailor. Nice folks, easy to work with, highly responsive. If the emails I get from them about DC trips are any indication, they are likely in the SF area every eight weeks. Haven't ordered from them in a year or so, but, at that time, I think there was a four-shirt min. Prices might be a little too high for someone just out of school, but they are not especially expensive at the basic level IIRC.

Originally Posted by sellahi22
Consider MyTailor. They're like the WW Chan of shirts in the sense that they've dealt with enough OCD iGents that they really "get" how to create SF-approved shirts (collar, buttons, hand stitched shoulders, high armholes, overall workmanship quality, etc). Also their prices on Thomas Mason/DJA fabrics are unprecedented in the custom shirt industry.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22

Thomas Mason silverline is a good value $120-$175. Joe will give a good discount if you order 4 shirts at once. DJA will be to expensive, they start at $250 no?

Originally Posted by jdldore
+1 on Mytailor. Nice folks, easy to work with, highly responsive. If the emails I get from them about DC trips are any indication, they are likely in the SF area every eight weeks. Haven't ordered from them in a year or so, but, at that time, I think there was a four-shirt min. Prices might be a little too high for someone just out of school, but they are not especially expensive at the basic level IIRC.

Basic level shirt cloths are available that are branded mytailor (superfine) or something. I wouldnt recommend these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads