1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What is Jantzen's Current Turnaround Time?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

My cousing just graduated undergrad and would like to give Jantzen a whirl for work shirts.

What would you say is the more typical turnaround time with Jantzen (apologize for asking, as I know this has been discussed in mind-numbing detail elsewhere - I just don't feel like paging through 10,000 posts)?

Thanks,
    ET

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I order a few months ago, and it only took me roughly 4 weeks to get the shirt. But it always a dice roll when you order from Jantzen, ie wrong fabric or not instock, or delayed shipping. Why not try Moderntailor or CEGO? I think Carl basic shirts will run your cousin around $75ish.

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Thanks Warren. He's based in SF so none of the NY guys are an option.

4. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

My cousing just graduated undergrad and would like to give Jantzen a whirl for work shirts.

What would you say is the more typical turnaround time with Jantzen (apologize for asking, as I know this has been discussed in mind-numbing detail elsewhere - I just don't feel like paging through 10,000 posts)?

Thanks,
    ET

Honestly, 1-6 months, depending on nothing. There isn't really any consistency to it.

5. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Honestly, 1-6 months, depending on nothing. There isn't really any consistency to it.

This is correct; when he does come through, it can be good value for money. But if you need it by a certain deadline, you may want to look elsewhere.

6. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I think the forum consensus was that Modern Tailor has eclipsed Jantzen.

7. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

I think the forum consensus was that Modern Tailor has eclipsed Jantzen.

I am not sure there is such overall consensus, but there certainly is when it comes to (responsiveness of) customer service.

8. Friedrich

Friedrich Well-Known Member

My last order developed as follows:

Order placed: October 27
    E-Mail confirmation: December 7
    Package recieved: December 29

Don't know if this will encourage your cousin...

9. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member

Tell him to forget Jantzen altogether and go for cottonwork. Good product, great customer service and prices.

10. Diavolo

Diavolo Senior member

Tell him to forget Jantzen altogether and go for cottonwork. Good product, great customer service and prices.

+1

11. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

Consider MyTailor. They're like the WW Chan of shirts in the sense that they've dealt with enough OCD iGents that they really "get" how to create SF-approved shirts (collar, buttons, hand stitched shoulders, high armholes, overall workmanship quality, etc). Also their prices on Thomas Mason/DJA fabrics are unprecedented in the custom shirt industry.

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I think the forum consensus among those who favor Modern Tailor was that Modern Tailor has eclipsed Jantzen.

FYFY

13. jdldore

jdldore Well-Known Member

+1 on Mytailor. Nice folks, easy to work with, highly responsive. If the emails I get from them about DC trips are any indication, they are likely in the SF area every eight weeks. Haven't ordered from them in a year or so, but, at that time, I think there was a four-shirt min. Prices might be a little too high for someone just out of school, but they are not especially expensive at the basic level IIRC.

Consider MyTailor. They're like the WW Chan of shirts in the sense that they've dealt with enough OCD iGents that they really "get" how to create SF-approved shirts (collar, buttons, hand stitched shoulders, high armholes, overall workmanship quality, etc). Also their prices on Thomas Mason/DJA fabrics are unprecedented in the custom shirt industry.

14. badsha

badsha Senior member

Thomas Mason silverline is a good value $120-$175. Joe will give a good discount if you order 4 shirts at once. DJA will be to expensive, they start at $250 no?

+1 on Mytailor. Nice folks, easy to work with, highly responsive. If the emails I get from them about DC trips are any indication, they are likely in the SF area every eight weeks. Haven't ordered from them in a year or so, but, at that time, I think there was a four-shirt min. Prices might be a little too high for someone just out of school, but they are not especially expensive at the basic level IIRC.

Basic level shirt cloths are available that are branded mytailor (superfine) or something. I wouldnt recommend these.

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

Hell yes.

16. spitfirees20

spitfirees20 Senior member

Thanks,
    ET

In my experience with online MTM, you're not going to get what you want the first time around, or even the second or third. I know it doesn't answer your question, but for what it's worth I would look up a local place that does MTM shirts, introduce him to the process, and get him 1 or 2 quality shirts. If he really enjoys wearing nice clothing, he'll become a lifelong customer. I wish someone had done this for me when I was first getting into clothing.

17. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

None of the alternatives listed so far can compete with Jantzen on prices or customization. So it all comes down to if you're willing to pay more, don't need customization to that degree or don't want to deal with random delivery times and flimsy customer service.

In answer to the OP: I'm on my eighth Jantzen order now. No mishaps yet, but delivery times are a bit random. One and a half months on average. Just remember to email asking for an order confirmation if you haven't received it after a month has passed.

18. NORE

NORE Senior member

I once ordered from Jantzen, never got a reply or any shirts. I didn't pay anything but I think I still made off very well. YMMV