• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is in your dopp kit?

garyclark

Reaction score
Apologies if there is already a thread for this. It seems like there would be, but I couldn't find one. Please point me in the right direction if I've missed it.

As I get back into the rhythm of business travel, I'm wondering what you all put in your dopp kit. What are the best travel-sized options for shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, moisturizer, pomade, etc.?

Panama

Reaction score
Toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, shaving balm, razor, shampoo, and luxury soap.

Last edited:

Empyrean4

Reaction score
Toothpaste, toothbrush, body wash, exfoliant, moisturizer, deodorant, and comb.

Empyrean4

Reaction score
I have not traveled by plane anywhere yet so I can’t recommend too much travel size stuff, except for my travel size CeraVe moisturizer.

Panama

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply. Any travel-sized products you love?
I don't tend to use travel size products. I have used a eShave travel kit previously. I do have a roll on deodorant, but it's usually in my work bag as I apply it at midday too. My favourite shampoo comes in a tiny container that is almost travel size.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toothbrush, paste, hair brush, hairspray, razor, shave brush, shave soap, deodorant and pill box for meds (then whatever my wife throws in my bag as well because there isn't enough room in hers for all her stuff :) ).
Regarding travel sizes -
  • toothpaste travel size based on brands available at store
  • Shave soap - proraso 75ml (travel) shave soap - I like it because you lather in the container and it's a small container
  • Shave brush - I got a travel sized brush from Art of Shaving years ago - comes in a pill container. I can get by for a week with the small brush - if I'm going on a longer trip I'll bring a regular brush in a large pill container I picked up at the pharmacy. These pill containers make excellent razor and toothbrush holders once I'm at my destination.
  • Hairspray - I just bought a travel sized generic spray bottle and fill it up with my normal hair spray.

Panama

Reaction score
I do use a synthetic shaving brush at home. I have used eShave and Art of Shaving travel brushes, but now prefer to use shaving creams brushless when travelling. I usually carry a Real Shaving Co cream, but currently using Murdock London's cream.

rjc149

Reaction score
I take my manual toothbrush (I use an electric one at home), travel-sized toothpaste, deodorant, American Crew hair putty, a hairbrush and my facial cleansing regimen (face wash and AM/PM moisturizers). I don't bring anything else if I'm staying at a hotel, the complementary soaps are just fine. I can usually go a few days without shaving (since I wear a thin goatee) but if I need to shave, I'll bring a Bic razor and shave with the hotel soap or lotion.

I'll also bring phenylephrine nasal decongestant and melatonin pills to help me sleep.

Last edited:

geg_gee

Reaction score
Maybe this is common knowledge, but my wife bought a few small squeeze bottles that are <4oz so they're kosher with airport security (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Leakproof-Silicone-Squeeze-Bottle/dp/B094DXRSBM). We just put a little bit of the hygiene products we normally use in them when we fly. Her grandfather, who was incredibly thrifty, glued two toothpaste caps together end-to-end and drilled a hole through the middle so he could refill his travel-sized tube when it got low.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads