• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is Good Brand That Is a Step Above Polo Ralph Lauren (summary included)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... basically by posting on this forum, I can bet women already think this about you. If you look at the state of the average north american man (Dont know about europe...never been), they tend to have a jeans, running shoes, and any ol shirt complex. Women notice alot more than you credit them for. Want to stick out in a good way?

1. Cut hair. Conservative, and often (every 3 weeks)
2. Trim nails. They dont need to be perfect (jerk nails), just CLEAN (very important)
3. Smell nice. Axe deo or Ralph Lauren Double Black cologne.... as long as its not B.O, theyre happy.
4. Never wear running shoes, unless you are, in fact, running.
5. Every nice shirt you own, whether its 20 bucks or a 300 dollar gucci, have it tailored. They wont notice its tailored. They will notice it looks good.

Follow these tips... youll be in the top 10% well dressed. Then check the local WAYRN thread, or blogs like TheSartorialist for inspiration. have fun.

Toorman

Reaction score
Dude, you live in Oregon. Get yourself some Pendleton shirts and be done with it.

You are probably not old enough to remember those anti-litter commercials staring the American Indian but reading your post made me shed a tear.

Get past branding and advertising. Develop your own sense of style, figure out what works for you and enjoy.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which cologne is good? Pick what smells good to you. Good to Sephora and smell them.

Whatever you pick though, keep it subtle. There's nothing worse than too much cologne. Regardless of anything to say, do or wear, having too much cologne will make it all suck.

...stating the obvious.

laughwithm3

Reaction score
forget about cloth, get out of Oregon.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by umadcuzimstylinonu
As far as women are concerned, it's just so that they know that I care about my appearance and am not like most of the tools here that just wear what's trendy.
Then you don't need anything with logos on, you just need stuff that looks good.
Originally Posted by umadcuzimstylinonu
As far as coworkers/job-wise, I want to convey that I am professional, have good taste, etc.
Then you certainly don't want anything with a logo on.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Find a good tailor (should be easy where you are) and spend the money on that. Do not worry about branded **** - in fact, avoid identifiable branding. You'll look better for it.
+1

Originally Posted by Toorman
You are probably not old enough to remember those anti-litter commercials staring the American Indian but reading your post made me shed a tear.
\t
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics