1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is Armani Collezioni Soft New Line?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scwtlover, Nov 28, 2008.

1. scwtlover

scwtlover Active Member

This morning at Filene's Basement, I bought a beautiful navy blue sport coat -- 42S; 100% Cashmere. The label inside the jacket just says Armani Collezioni. But the original store tag -- with a price of $2,595 -- says "Soft New Line."

I couldn't find anything about this either at the Armani website or through Google.

Any information will be appreciated.

2. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Distinguished Member

When they say "Line" they do not mean line as in Emporio, Collezioni, etc. They mean it has the design of the jacket. I assume its a very sport look. Which Filenes did you go to?

3. scwtlover

scwtlover Active Member

When they say "Line" they do not mean line as in Emporio, Collezioni, etc. They mean it has the design of the jacket. I assume its a very sport look. Which Filenes did you go to?

Newton, Mass.

I would describe the jacket as elegant rather than sporty. The shoulder has very little structure.

4. robasaurus

robasaurus Senior Member

Soft refers to the fit of the jacket. Armani does not make this model anymore. It was transitioned into a fit called "Giorgio". It's an older, looser fit than what's available from the Collezioni line these days.

5. rexor12

rexor12 Senior Member

Yes, it's slightly looser fit but with minimal padding and lightweight construction. As said above it's from 2003-2005 i believe

6. scwtlover

scwtlover Active Member

Yes, it's slightly looser fit but with minimal padding and lightweight construction. As said above it's from 2003-2005 i believe

Thanks.